Urgent Please Help

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
tayelof

Urgent Please Help

Postby tayelof » 11 Mar 2008, 20:24

So after doing a search that was suggested, I was able to find names of family members I remember. I would like to write to them but i want to be sure that I am writing in the correct format to the correct address to be sure it is delivered. I have posted the link to the address and I am looking to write to Maurizio and Ricardo, can anyone help?? Do you guys think I should write in English or in Italian but then I would need help translating the letter to italian are there any services you know of. Thanks.

Here is the link that has their addresses.
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... c=&x=0&y=0

nazca
Elite
Elite

Re: Urgent Please Help

Postby nazca » 11 Mar 2008, 21:37

Hi, i think you can write in english . write your email address to ghirardelli families to have a immediately response...

this is the correct address

Ghirardelli Maurizio
Via Domenico Giudici, 6
24023 Clusone (BG)
Italia

Ghirardelli Riccardo
Via Giacomo Quarenghi, 2
24023 Clusone (BG)
Italia

regards

Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).

tayelof

Postby tayelof » 12 Mar 2008, 15:14

Thanks a lot nazca.

juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby juanminbar » 17 Mar 2008, 12:29

i'm enclosing a sample letter that you can use. where necessary you can change to fit your needs. if i may suggest, enclose an envelope addressed to you with a few ''bucks'' to cover the cost of postage.
good luck, john

Rural Route #1 Box 400
South ******, PA 18842

Pietro *****
V. Aspromonte, 2
89060 ***aladi(RC)
Reggio Calabria
ITALY

Hello, my name is Frances ***** ******. I am doing family research and trying to locate any relatives of our family who still reside in Italy. My father Antonino ***** emigrated to America at the age of 15 years old. His parents were Carmelo *****and Francesca *****. The civil records of his birth list Reggio Calabria, the commune of Roccella Ionica. Any information that you can provide would be appreciated.

Respectfully yours,
Frances ***** *****

Ciao, il mio nome e Frances ***** ******. Lo sto facendo ricerca di famiglia e sto tentando di localizzare alcuni parenti della nostra famiglia che ancora risiede in italy. Ii mio padre Antonino ***** l’emmigrated ad America all’eta di 15 anni vecchio. I suoi genitori erano Carmelo ***** e Francesca *****. Gli archivi civili della sua nascita elencano Reggio Calabria, il commune di Roccella Ionica. Alcune informazioni che Lei puo offrire sarebbero aumentate di valore grandemente.

Rispettosamente il Suo,

Frances ***** *****

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 17 Mar 2008, 18:23

juanminbar wrote:Ciao, il mio nome e Frances ***** ******. Lo sto facendo ricerca di famiglia e sto tentando di localizzare alcuni parenti della nostra famiglia che ancora risiede in italy. Ii mio padre Antonino ***** l’emmigrated ad America all’eta di 15 anni vecchio. I suoi genitori erano Carmelo ***** e Francesca *****. Gli archivi civili della sua nascita elencano Reggio Calabria, il commune di Roccella Ionica. Alcune informazioni che Lei puo offrire sarebbero aumentate di valore grandemente.

Rispettosamente il Suo,

Don't send money, people may be offended...

This is the Italian translation of the letter (I recommend to avoid automatic translators):

Caro ....(write here the first name of the person you are writing to),
mi chiamo Frances ***** ****** e sto facendo delle ricerche sulla mia famiglia, in particolare tentando di localizzare alcuni parenti che ancora risiedono in Italia. Mio padre Antonino *****, nato a Roccella Ionica (Reggio Calabria) è emigrato in America all’eta di 15 anni. I suoi genitori erano Carmelo ***** e Francesca *****. Qualunque informazione Lei potesse darmi, sarebbe di grandissimo valore per me.

Rispettosamente Suo,

juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby juanminbar » 17 Mar 2008, 18:49

hi livio, i know i did not use a translator to write the letter in italian, but i will acknowledge that your letter is the preferred one since you live in italia.

in either case i would not know right or wrong.

i will copy your letter and subsitute it for the one that i used. i might add that my letter was successful in finding a family member.

i realize that the italians are a very proud people but i don't think sending money attached to the return envelope would offend them. i think i shows concern and it may speed up the process.

for now.....i will place everything in the memory bank for future use.

ciao, john

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 18 Mar 2008, 06:02

juanminbar wrote:hi livio, i know i did not use a translator to write the letter in italian, but i will acknowledge that your letter is the preferred one since you live in italia.

I am Italian :wink:

juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Postby juanminbar » 18 Mar 2008, 13:02

BRAVO LIVIO...............

thanks your advice and your kind words.

i have a cousin in roma, maybe someday we will have a chance to meet each other.

ciao, john

Return to “Locations in Italy”