Picarelli

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Maggerelli

Picarelli

Postby Maggerelli » 15 May 2008, 14:18

My Granfather and several of his siblings emigrated from Picarelli, Italy (outside of avellino) to the United States in the early 1900's. My family is inetrested in visiting Picarelli later this year and I am curious what the town is like ?

vinx999

Re: Picarelli

Postby vinx999 » 11 Sep 2008, 22:40

Maggerelli wrote:My Granfather and several of his siblings emigrated from Picarelli, Italy (outside of avellino) to the United States in the early 1900's. My family is inetrested in visiting Picarelli later this year and I am curious what the town is like ?

Well,
I live in Avellino.... :) Picarelli is a quarter in the neighborhood of my city... Actually it's not a so actractive place... a lot of buildings... only buildings... :D

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 11 Sep 2008, 22:53

Picarelli is a "frazione" or neighborhood which once may have been a small village or hamlet outside of Avellino but over the years of Avellino expansion Picarelli was absorbed and became a neighborhood. Consequently, it will retain some of its original charm and perhaps even the same people who once were your families neighbors and freinds. =Peter=

Maggerelli

Postby Maggerelli » 12 Sep 2008, 12:28

Thanks for your reply. I am curious what the town of Avellino is like? We are going to Rome in a couple of weeks and then taking the train to Salerno to visit Positano and wondered if it was worth stopping by Avellino on the way?

Maggerelli

Postby Maggerelli » 12 Sep 2008, 13:04

On google earth, it looks like there are a bunch of houses there too, and its looks like it is surrounded by some farmland and trees as well? I do see a bunch of buldings and some type of ball field as well. The street is called Frazione Picarelli...is this the same neighborhood you are refering to? Thx for your help.

vinx999

Postby vinx999 » 12 Sep 2008, 19:22

Maggerelli wrote:On google earth, it looks like there are a bunch of houses there too, and its looks like it is surrounded by some farmland and trees as well? I do see a bunch of buldings and some type of ball field as well. The street is called Frazione Picarelli...is this the same neighborhood you are refering to? Thx for your help.

Yes, it's the same neighborhood..! That's Picarelli!!
However, you need about 30 mins to join Avellino from Salerno... if you want, I could be your guide through the city.. !! :D :D :D

Maggerelli

Postby Maggerelli » 17 Sep 2008, 16:32

Thx so much for your reply. We are excited to come to Italy but we are only there for a week, so we are not sure we'll be able to make it to Avellino to visit. I do appreciate your offer--is there a phone number we can reach you at in case we are able to make it to Avellino?

vinx999

Postby vinx999 » 19 Sep 2008, 19:11

Maggerelli wrote:Thx so much for your reply. We are excited to come to Italy but we are only there for a week, so we are not sure we'll be able to make it to Avellino to visit. I do appreciate your offer--is there a phone number we can reach you at in case we are able to make it to Avellino?

When will you come? In which month?

Maggerelli

Postby Maggerelli » 23 Sep 2008, 16:50

this Sunday!

vinx999

Postby vinx999 » 29 Sep 2008, 17:54

Maggerelli wrote:this Sunday!

:? :? I've read your message too late..... sorry!!!

Maggerelli

Postby Maggerelli » 07 Oct 2008, 17:42

Thats OK. We just got back from Iatly and had a great time. You must like living there? If you get a chance and can some pictures of Avellino, I would really liek to see them. Thx!

Return to “Locations in Italy”