Le chiese di Calatafimi

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
sacesta
Elite
Elite
Location: North Carolina via Brooklyn and many places in between

Le chiese di Calatafimi

Post by sacesta »

With several lines of ancestors I am suddenly having difficulty finding key marriage records. I suspect many of these couples were married in churches other than La Chiesa Cattolica di San Silvestro Papa di Calatafimi where, to date, I have found every other record of marriage and baptism that I have been looking for along my paternal grandfather's lines.

Family Search has microfilmed the records of two churches in Calatafimi, La Chiesa di San Silvestro Papa and La Chiesa di San Giuliano.

It was simply a stroke of luck that, when I first began my search back in March, I chose the records of San Silvestro Papa. Had I chosen incorrectly, I could have wasted countless hours pouring through the indices of the wrong church. I was also lucky that I found that so many of my ancestors had been baptized and married in that church. In several lines, the records have taken me nine generations out and may extend even further.

I don't know why I'm telling you this, other than to share my experiences with you so it may help you in your own research.

There are several other churches in Calatafimi, but microfilmed records from those churches are not available through Family Search. It seems my next step is to request the records of La Chiesa San Giuliano and see what I may find there. If it turns out that my ancestors were not members of this church, I don't suppose I will send out shotgun written requests to the remaining parishes. That seems unproductive and like more work than I am willing to perform… at least for now :)

Maybe one day the records of those churches will be filmed.

The couples whose marriage records I have been unable to locate are:

Francesco Sciortino & Margherita Mirabella
Joseph Cusenza & Antonina Sabena
Michael Angelo Pampalone & Antonia Chaippara
Vito Sparacino & Giovanna Amoroso
Antonio Barone & Rosaria Spano (His 1st marriage)
Domenico Paolo Pampalone & Rosalia Vivona
Joseph Papa & Francesca Romano
Mariano Zito & ?? Laudicina

Good luck in your searches.

Steve
Steve Acesta

Researching Calatafimi, Trapani
Surnames Aceste, Papa, Cusenza, Gruppuso, Sciortino, Sparacino, Zito, and Vona.

Researching Montevago, Agrigento (Girgenti)
Surnames Infranco, La Rocca, Mandina, Bilello, Cacioppo, and Cardino.
KatieBell

Re: Le chiese di Calatafimi

Post by KatieBell »

You can get records of San Silvestro Papa by the write-up of Coursework Writers UK , they have defined it really well. Good luck for your research on it.
jeremiyvedderA9

Post by jeremiyvedderA9 »

Existing without the answers to the difficulties you’ve sorted out through this guide is a critical case, as well as the kind which could have badly affected my entire career if I had not discovered your website. Play Subway Surfers for free!
philip96

Post by philip96 »

Main sights. Segesta. Pianto Romano. Castle Eufemio. Casa Garibaldi museum. The Mother Church (Chiesa Madre) The church of Santissimo Crocifisso. Chiesa di San Michele (Saint Michael's Church) Sanctuary of Maria Santissima di Giubino affordable home staging
AndreasAlbert

Post by AndreasAlbert »

There is no rule for the marriage. If the couples are eligible and agree to marry then there is no way can stop them. In US, the rights are openly given to individuals. When I went there to work as a professional IT-resume maker then I observe this culture of the USA which was really great. That is why today, USA is rising as the super power in the world.
saree555

Post by saree555 »

hey it is an amazing website do share more content like this <a hre"https://www.salondirectgroup.co.uk/beauty-bed/">beauty bed</a>
philip96

Post by philip96 »

Calatafimi Segesta and the Archaeological Park of Segesta are two important archaeological sites famous all over the world - check this out
wolfpaw5555

Post by wolfpaw5555 »

Have you tried:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/?lang=en
Or communicating with the state archives of Trapani?
JacksonS54

Post by JacksonS54 »

At surface conditions these will condense out of the gas to form "natural gas condensate", often shortened to condensate.
https://www.prpremium.ca/lloydminster.html
ampva200

Post by ampva200 »

I hope all the record has been found by now. Luckily, my friend Augusta found her record at Calafatimi.

All the best!
Jason96

Post by Jason96 »

located at the centre of an area tied closely to fascinating mythology such as the story of Hercules finding refreshment at the Bath of Segesta, been there. garbage disposal
Karen34

Post by Karen34 »

I saw a lot of website but I believe this one contains something special in it. inspecteur en batiment rive sud