Just wanted to let you all know...

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Just wanted to let you all know...

Postby fredoniapeaches » 18 Aug 2008, 18:37

That part of what I do (professionally) is digital photo restoration. I can restore scanned in pics from tinplates to recnet photos that have been damaged.

Now...keep in mind...I can't always restore to 100%...some times things are far too damaged, but I do a pretty good job. I can colorize black and whites too. I do have some samples...if you'd like to see...feel free to email me.

fredoniapeaches@yahoo.com.
fredoniapeaches
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Just wanted to let you all know...

Postby PeterTimber » 18 Aug 2008, 21:40

Dear Upstate cousin I had to chuckle because I have never taken a photo using a digital camera. I always use 35mm and the thought that you are restoring digital fotos makes me feel very old!! Lots o Luck =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby tonyric » 19 Aug 2008, 12:10

PeterTimber wrote:Dear Upstate cousin I had to chuckle because I have never taken a photo using a digital camera. I always use 35mm and the thought that you are restoring digital fotos makes me feel very old!! Lots o Luck =Peter=

Most likely not just digital photos. If I read him correctly, he will take any picture, digital or not, and use a digitally based restoration process to recover lost detail in the picture. Or at least as much as is technollogically possible with todays tech.
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Postby fredoniapeaches » 20 Aug 2008, 15:48

thank you tony. that is correct. I scan in old photgraphs or use what you've already scanned. and restore them to the best of technology, while keeping it's integrity intact.
I've digitally restored old tin plates. photos from the 30s-70s...even school pictures from the 80s and 90s that got bent or part of them ripped.

when i take pictures, I use a combination of cameras...because different cameras capture at different speeds with different lens and i like having choices for presentation purposes.
fredoniapeaches
Rookie
Rookie

Postby adamf » 24 Aug 2008, 23:42

Hi Fredonia,

Do you, or have you ever done document restoration?? I'm not sure how similar it is to photo restoration, but I've got a ships manifest or two that could use some enhancement. Mostly this is due to faded handwriting. Anyway, I know they're not exactly similar, but I'm sure many of the same skills are used for each.

Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in.

For reference, this is the manifest I had in mind. http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamfannin ... 458772369/

My relatives are halfway down, on lines 507 and 508. While I can see it well enough to read it, a more cleaned up copy would be nice to have to show to older relatives.
adamf
Rookie
Rookie

Postby fredoniapeaches » 25 Aug 2008, 10:08

I can try...I have a bunch going on right now...but I'll get to it...I can't promise anything like that...and it's a pixel by pixel restoration...meaning...that one would take some time. do you have an original photo of the manifest? or do you have either the ellis island link or the ancestry link?
fredoniapeaches
Rookie
Rookie

Postby adamf » 26 Aug 2008, 05:42

Thanks Fredonia. I sent you a private message.

Adam
adamf
Rookie
Rookie

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy