Help in finding a will

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
VXZZZZZZ
Rookie
Rookie

Help in finding a will

Postby VXZZZZZZ » 23 Sep 2008, 22:05

Hello,

Does anyone know how I would be able to find the will of my grandfather who had passed away in 2005? He lived in New Hampshire, USA, but died in Massachusetts, USA.

His name was Frank D. Zangari, born 9/11/1915, and died 9/12/2005...

My grandmother was Ana Rose Zangari, born in 1922 and died in 1993...

They both said many times over that there was a will, but my uncle became executor of it and had power of attourney over my grandfather when he died and now tells everyone that there wasn't a will...

Is there any way to find out who the lawyer may have been in this whole mess? I know my uncle has many of the people in that area well paid off...no one I have tried speaking to will help my family at all because of my uncle...Any leads would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks again for all the help.

Sincerely,

Vincint Zangari

Surnames: Zangari, Monteleone, Thibeault, Belcamino, Chaloux, Pollister, Scalese, Morin, Godbout, Martelli, Cutler, Orcutt, Gorss, Boughner, Coffman, Townsend, Tiraschi.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Help in finding a will

Postby wldspirit » 24 Sep 2008, 04:35

You can check with the circuit clerk of the local courts. They can tell you wether or not a will was filed, by who, and what attorney if any handled the estate.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

VXZZZZZZ
Rookie
Rookie

Postby VXZZZZZZ » 24 Sep 2008, 18:50

Thank you wldspirit...I have been checking with the different county probate courts in the NH & MA area, but none seem to have any information about it...

I wonder if the Circuit Court would have any info, and which Circuit Court it would be?

Thanks for the lead, I will try that this afternoon...

Vince

Surnames: Zangari, Monteleone, Thibeault, Belcamino, Chaloux, Pollister, Scalese, Morin, Godbout, Martelli, Cutler, Orcutt, Gorss, Boughner, Coffman, Townsend, Tiraschi.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 24 Sep 2008, 19:05

Did the person own any real estate? To which county would real estate taxes have been paid? This is public record, and some counties have the information on line.

In the recent death of an Aunt, I accessed the county database, saw what date the DC was filed, as well as the transfer of properties to relatives named in the will. Also listed was the executor, the name and address of both executor and attorney.

hope this helps somewhat..... :wink:
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

VXZZZZZZ
Rookie
Rookie

Postby VXZZZZZZ » 25 Sep 2008, 06:38

Hello again wldspirit...yes, my grandfather had a home in Plaistow, NH, which my uncle seems to have also taken possession of, fixed up, and has put onto the market...

The county where the taxes were paid was in Rockingham County New Hampshire, USA. I will contact them tomorrow, see what I can find out from them...hopefully I will be able to report back something to you worth wild... no pun intended...

Thanks again for the idea, I don't seem to think outside the box too often, indeed I seem to have it close in around me quite frequently...I am very great full for the help...

Sincerely,

Vincint Zangari

Return to “Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy”