Tour guides/interpreters in Abruzzo?

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
clmnts5

Tour guides/interpreters in Abruzzo?

Postby clmnts5 » 26 Nov 2008, 05:00

I am going to be in Italy for a (much too short) visit in spring 2009 and want to spend a couple of days in Abruzzo, including a visit to my family's home towns of Serramonacesca and Casalincontrada, near Chieti.

Does anyone know how a good way to engage a driver/interpreter who could take us to these towns and also provide a more general tour of the area? Most travel agencies seem interested only in large groups (we are only 5) and 8-10 day package tours.

I have been in touch with one agency which I found on-line and which seems promising but I would like to know if anyone has any experience or general advice on the best way to do this.

Thanks to anyone for any tips or information you are willing to share!

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Tour guides/interpreters in Abruzzo?

Postby PeterTimber » 26 Nov 2008, 06:02

There are most of the familiar named auto rental agencies in Chieti which you can book from the USA before you leave and since you will be in such a limited area you might do well to get a road map of Italy and abruzzo and plan your trip or ask the rental agency in Chieti if they can provide a driver who speaks english thru any of the international car rental agencies here in the states nearest your home.

You can go to www.mappy.com and find the exact street in the town you wish to get to =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 26 Nov 2008, 06:20

Postscript: on the www.mappy.com map just put in Casalincontrada and whenthe map comes up you willsee car rentals on the side along with other helpful hints and that will give you the autorental agencies and their prices as well so whenyou go to their offices near your home you weil have an idea oof how much they are charging you. =Peter=

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 26 Nov 2008, 18:45

Gioogle has a free service that you canuse to find a car rental agency or any other business by dialing 1-800-goog-411 and just give them the city and business name and they will automatically connect you with the named business (like Avis, Santa Fe, New mexico or Hertz, Scranton, pennsylvania).I tried to to call Italy but it only works inthe USA. =Peter=

Return to “Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy”