search

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
trofi

search

Postby trofi » 24 Jun 2009, 19:04

searching for information on a vincenzo trofa, married to carmela mattera from serra fontana ischia, married in l904

LaceeM

Re: search

Postby LaceeM » 24 Jun 2009, 20:06

Okay I am totally lost on how this all works... do I just post to these forums and hope to get answers that way. My husband's family's last name is Merando which was changed from Merenda when the came to America. They settled in Kansas I am planning to get more information from him tonight, but I'm not sure where to start on all this any ideas?
Lacee Merando

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 24 Jun 2009, 20:26

trofi wrote:searching for information on a vincenzo trofa, married to carmela mattera from serra fontana ischia, married in l904

Hi,
your ancestor's name are mentioned in this post
you will see that she arrived with Camela Mattera, wife of Vincenzo Trofa, together their two sons, Salvatore and Luigi. That may indicate that Vincenzo's father was Salvatore Trofa, and Maria's father was Luigi Mattera.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... rt=15.html
and here
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... ostdays=0/
also I believe that here you can find some helpful info...best regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 24 Jun 2009, 20:33

LaceeM wrote:Okay I am totally lost on how this all works... do I just post to these forums and hope to get answers that way. My husband's family's last name is Merando which was changed from Merenda when the came to America. They settled in Kansas I am planning to get more information from him tonight, but I'm not sure where to start on all this any ideas?

Hi and welcome!
For first thing you can make a new topic abt Merando search, including all infos that you have abt your husband's ancestor and surely we can help you!
Best regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy”