Flu of 1918 Where's my G.Grandma Josephine Castrogiovan

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Castrogovianni
Rookie
Rookie

Flu of 1918 Where's my G.Grandma Josephine Castrogiovan

Postby Castrogovianni » 20 Jul 2009, 17:35

Hi Friends: I was wondering if anyone out there could help me find out any information on my Great Grandmother. It is believed that she died in New York during the Influenza Pandemic of 1918-19. I would love to know some more about her; especially the location of her final resting place. Any help in this would be very much appreciated. This is what I know...

Name: (Surname via Ellis Island Manifest) Giovanna Lardizzone

Name: (Americanized Married) Josephine Castrogiovanni

Married to: Frank (Francesco) Castrogiovanni

Birth: Militello in Val di Catania, Sicilia, Italy

Birth Year: 1881

Immigration: Ellis Island Apr 10, 1911

Residence: 89-91 Park Street; New York. Also, 5 Monroe Street, New York

Death: 1918-1919, at age 30 in New York.

Should one of my first steps be to try to obtain a copy of a death certificate for New York City? Then what?

Please reply or forward any information or ways to research information to: michael.castrogovianni@setoyota.com

Thank You[b]

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Flu of 1918 Where's my G.Grandma Josephine Castrogi

Postby PeterTimber » 20 Jul 2009, 21:06

Go to www.health.state.ny.us/vital_records/death.htm

Nice foto...don't get old. =Peter=
~Peter~

Castrogovianni
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Castrogovianni » 22 Jul 2009, 03:31

hi peter; would you suggest that i apply for a death certificate here:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/vr/vrdappl.shtml

NYC Dept of Health.

Thanks

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 22 Jul 2009, 10:58

Yes. If you need more info please let me know. There is a website www.findagrave.com but you have to be patient with it.

Actually you might want to go to www.footnote.com and there are 5 references to Josephine Castrogiovanni and you can have a free 7 day trial offer to research for her there. Give it a try. =Peter=
~Peter~

Castrogovianni
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Castrogovianni » 24 Jul 2009, 05:06

Hi Peter; Thanks; i tried to find some info on Josephine Castrogovianni on footnote.com and i did not come accross the 5 references you mentioned. Is it possible that you could some how copy or forward that info to me. This is most of the info that i know of her:

Josephine was believed to have died from the 1918-1919 Flu Epidemic. Her last know address was 142 Cherry Street, Manhattan, NY. Another prior address of hers was 5 Monroe Street, Manhattan, NY. Her surname is Josephine Lardizzone. Other possible variations of her first name are: Giovanna, Genevieve or Jennie. She was born in Militello, Catania, Sicilia, Italy in the year 1881. She immigrated thru Ellis Island on April 10, 1911. If need be; please try possible misspellings of the last name as that frequently occurred back then. If possible, I am also in need of her cemetery location.

I did go ahead and apply for a death certificate; thanks for your advice on that! Keeping my fingers crossed to find something.

Thank You very much for your efforts!

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 24 Jul 2009, 13:24

If you click on www.findagrave.com and at the very top above the legend "Find A Grave" put in Josephine Castrogiovanni and NY for national archives and up will come the footnote websigte with the listing for 5 persons with that name and the access to sign up for the free trial period with Footnote. I exhausted my trial period some time ago. =Peter=
~Peter~

panasonic

Postby panasonic » 24 Aug 2009, 01:04

Thank you so much for your work! I installed your plugin and it seems to work - but where can I find the new click-through-statistics? I look at my Google Analytics, but there are so much directories - maybe you can say, where I can find it. Thank you! :roll:
comparatif simulation taux credit auto - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !comparatif simulation taux credit auto

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 24 Aug 2009, 02:45

call 1-800-613-0181 and ask them about a free trial period and explain what you are seeking and ask for the website directions. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy”