Italian music

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: Italian music

Post by JamesBianco »

Check out Caparezza, I bought their CD when I was in Rome a few years ago. This video is my favorite of their songs... The lead singer is wacked!! lol

Caparezza -- Fuori dal Tunnel
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Hes got some interesting hair! That reminds me of reggaeton, over here. Do you know what I mean? Its like spanish dance and spanish rap mixed and comes from Puerto Rico.

Alicia
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

DeFilippis78 wrote:I see Italian lyrics. But where is the translation?

Alicia
Wow, that's a tough one. I have run lyrics through Google's translator with uneven success. I think lyrics, by their very nature, are difficult to translate - lots of inference, chopped "sentences", etc.

For example, if I run the lyrics for "Angeli nel ghetto" through Google, the only part that makes any sense at all is the title, Angels in the Ghetto - and I already knew that!
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

JamesBianco wrote:Check out Caparezza, I bought their CD when I was in Rome a few years ago. This video is my favorite of their songs... The lead singer is wacked!! lol

I don't know... he's not nearly as pretty as Nek. :)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

DeFilippis78 wrote:Hes got some interesting hair! That reminds me of reggaeton, over here. Do you know what I mean? Its like spanish dance and spanish rap mixed and comes from Puerto Rico.

Alicia
Yup I actually like some of that stuff.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Oh good Im not the only one! As you can see in one of my posts above that was the music I was talking about that when it translated into english it was explicit, lol! But I wasnt sure anyone would know what type of music I was talking about. I love music from other countries

Alicia
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Caparezza -- Fuori dal Tunnel[/quote]

I don't know... he's not nearly as pretty as Nek. :)[/quote]

Your too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alicia
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

johnnyonthespot wrote:
JamesBianco wrote:Check out Caparezza, I bought their CD when I was in Rome a few years ago. This video is my favorite of their songs... The lead singer is wacked!! lol

I don't know... he's not nearly as pretty as Nek. :)
Wouldn't exactly call him pretty lol
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

John Mastrangelo, aka "Johnny Maestro" died Wednesday after a battle with cancer.

Maestro was the lead singer for one of the original 50's rock groups, The Crests and later with the Del-Satins and The Brooklyn Bridge. He had multiple hit songs with each group including 16 Candles, The Worst That Could Happen, The Angels Listened In, and Trouble In Paradise.
Carmine

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Oh I loved those songs. He came down here (the shore) with Brooklyn Bridge the last few summers and did shows. Bummer. That was good music

Alicia
morella

Post by morella »

Hi! Glad to know there's so many people interested in Italian music. If we go just one generation behind, then there's Fabrizio De Andrè (you may have heard at least some of his songs already), Lucio Battisti and Roberto Vecchioni. The music is very catchy and the lyrics... well that's really poetry in music (and meaningful texts too) Look up youtube for "Il pescatore" (De Andrè), "Samarcanda", "Luci a Sansiro" (Vecchioni), "Non è Francesca," "I giardini di marzo" (Battisti). More contemporary, and still in the same genre there's also Claudio Baglioni and then another one of my favourites, Angelo Branduardi ("Si può fare," "Cantico delle Creature", "La pulce d'acqua").
A number of Italian artists have recorded a song together to help raise money for the victims of the earthquake that struck Abruzzo last year. The song (really beautiful) and video are available on youtube: just type "Domani - Artisti Uniti per l'Abruzzo"