Great Grandfather=Paolo, on Death Cert = Paul......issue?

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Great Grandfather=Paolo, on Death Cert = Paul......issue?

Postby JPMessina44 » 05 Nov 2010, 17:00

does anybody see an issue with this?

Same with my grandfather, he was born Guiseppe and on his death says Joseph.

I mean its the translated name, I see an issue if it was Paolo and then died it said like Anthony....but Paolo to Paul, and Guiseppe to Joseph...

Should I be concerned?
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Great Grandfather=Paolo, on Death Cert = Paul......issue

Postby DeFilippis78 » 05 Nov 2010, 22:44

From what Ive read on here I think the consulate is aware of many people taking the English form. I cant say with certainty its not an issue because I didnt have my appt yet and I too have those issues. But I cant recall anybody coming on here saying it was a definite problem. It also depends on the consulate and what they tell you when your there.I have the same issue on some certificates but am leaving them. I figure if they dont like it, they will tell me to amend it.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 07 Nov 2010, 00:14

You may be interested in reading this thread about "americanization" of names and discrepancies...

http://italiangenealogy.com/Forums/view ... ulate.html

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 07 Nov 2010, 02:49

And, once again, death certificates serve no known purpose in jus sanguinis cases other than to confirm that the ancestor is deceased and therefore cannot formally attest to the fact that he/she never renounced Italian citizenship ("Form 3" at the bottom of this page http://www.consnewyork.esteri.it/NR/exe ... =Published ).

I wouldn't get too worked up over these minor discrepancies.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby emy59 » 17 Nov 2010, 18:52

Hello, everyone. I live in Italy and I'm looking for news of my grandfather who emigrated to the United States in 1917. Indeed some of the news I have found over the years but I could not complete them. The name was Messere Francesco and came from Amorosi (BN). He landed at Ellis Island in March 1917. are naturalized American in 1927 and was named Frank. He died in November 1964. In Italy he had his wife (my Grandmother) and 4 children one of whom was my father. He wrote until 1921 then he did not have any more news about him and was never heard anything as long as with my research I found moose news. A census is also conviver with Frances McGuire died in 1965. When he landed at Ellis Island, went to his brother in law Vincenzo Pellegrino (who has been living in the U.S. and from what I told my mother had 13 children). I do not want anything but my father died with the regret that he had never found it and am now looking for him. Surely there will be some descendant of Vincenzo Pellegrino or Frances McGuire will tell me where is his grave, to tell something of his life ... it would be a dream too good to have some of his photography. Excuse my English but it is a translation of the computer. Thanks .... and I hope to see you soon!
emy59

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy