Recommend a good real estate firm in Italy?

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Recommend a good real estate firm in Italy?

Postby JPMessina44 » 13 Dec 2010, 19:39

I have been debating over the last few months whether I wanted to buy a vacation home in Italy or Sicily....

All have significant meaning to me in some form or another. I'd like to use as a vacation home (30 days a year) and perhaps rent out as well.

(this is why I thought Campania might be a good option, being a big resort area.)

I've narrowed down to:
1. Campania (specifically Positano, Amalfi, Sorrento, Naples) - where I am getting married in May 2010
2. Sicily (Catania, Siracusa, Messina) - my great grandparents
3. Tuscany (beautiful)
4. Calabria (grandmother was from Cosenza)
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Recommend a good real estate firm in Italy?

Postby DJP1812 » 16 Dec 2010, 00:22

I've just been looking at places online, but helps set some expectations. I use http://property-italy.immobiliare.it/

-Dom
DJP1812
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Recommend a good real estate firm in Italy?

Postby johnnyonthespot » 16 Dec 2010, 01:41

Here in the US we are used to the Multiple Listing Service or MLS whereby every realtor has access to virtually every property which is for sale anywhere in the country, and "listing realtors" and "sellin g realtors" work together to get homes sold and then split commissions.

My understanding is that it simply does not work that way in Italy. Each realtor has an exclusive contract to sell "his" properties, there is nothing resembling the MLS, and realtors do not work together (at least not officially). There may be 30 properties for sale in a comune, but your realtor will only show five of them to you because the others are under contract with another realtor.

Hopefully one of our Italian friends will confirm or deny the above.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy