*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Love the new site

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
31 posts • Page 1 of 31, 2, 3

Love the new site

Postby piazza16428 » 08 Apr 2011, 18:27

:lol:
I love the new site, congradulations of a successful implementation.
User avatar
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 100
Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 21:15
Location: Florida

Re: Love the new site

Postby nuccia » 08 Apr 2011, 20:21

We also love it and hope everyone finds their way around here easily enough. If anyone has any questions or difficulties navigating the new site please let us know. Meanwhile we hope you take the opportunity to just take a look around and try out the new features.

Happy Researching!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Image
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio
User avatar
nuccia
Staff
Staff
 
Posts: 4576
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 01:00
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Love the new site

Postby suanj » 08 Apr 2011, 21:42

hmmmmmmmmm... I love the old site...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 10891
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

Re: Love the new site

Postby juicy » 08 Apr 2011, 23:06

Im with you Suanj. Its like going back to a black and white TV, "big mistake, big, huge".
User avatar
juicy
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 18 Feb 2009, 21:43

Re: Love the new site

Postby Squigy » 08 Apr 2011, 23:51

The way I understand it is that the new site also has improved moderator controls, to help fight spam and things like that.

Not only that, it has improved controls for users, too. I personally think the new design is great! I liked the old one, too, though.
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
User avatar
Squigy
Master
Master
 
Posts: 724
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 06:05
Location: Texas, USA (Born in Pennsylvania)

Re: Love the new site

Postby mler » 08 Apr 2011, 23:56

Loved the old site and love the new site too. Super!
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
 
Posts: 1443
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Love the new site

Postby Tessa78 » 08 Apr 2011, 23:57

mler wrote:Loved the old site and love the new site too. Super!


DITTO :D :D :D

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
 
Posts: 8388
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Love the new site

Postby DebiHarbuck » 09 Apr 2011, 04:17

I'm just glad it's back! Change is life...we'll figure it out, right? :)
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
User avatar
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 352
Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52

Re: Love the new site

Postby nuccia » 09 Apr 2011, 11:52

Yes, change is part of life and yes, it definitely has improved advanced moderator and user controls. There will also be some other features that will be introduced slowly as time goes on which is pretty exciting. It's also much faster. Again, we're here if you need any help.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Image
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio
User avatar
nuccia
Staff
Staff
 
Posts: 4576
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 01:00
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Love the new site

Postby wldspirit » 09 Apr 2011, 20:03

I like them both in appearance, even with the new learning curve, this site has many more options available to not only the moderators, but all members. Going to take some time to learn how to navigate the changes...but as Nuccia pointed out, we can help each other, just yell help! :lol:
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
 
Posts: 5599
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 01:00
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Love the new site

Postby liviomoreno » 10 Apr 2011, 09:35

wldspirit wrote:I like them both in appearance, even with the new learning curve, this site has many more options available to not only the moderators, but all members. Going to take some time to learn how to navigate the changes...but as Nuccia pointed out, we can help each other, just yell help! :lol:

There's one thing that maybe could be improved as far the appearance is concerned. I believe that the font size in a quote (see above) is too large and therefore the answer to a quoted question is not emphasized enough.
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 01:00
Location: Rome, Italy

Re: Love the new site

Postby Edmondo » 10 Apr 2011, 12:34

Is it better like this :wink:

liviomoreno wrote:
wldspirit wrote:I like them both in appearance, even with the new learning curve, this site has many more options available to not only the moderators, but all members. Going to take some time to learn how to navigate the changes...but as Nuccia pointed out, we can help each other, just yell help! :lol:

There's one thing that maybe could be improved as far the appearance is concerned. I believe that the font size in a quote (see above) is too large and therefore the answer to a quoted question is not emphasized enough.
Tandem fit surculus arbor
User avatar
Edmondo
Staff
Staff
 
Posts: 746
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 00:00
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Re: Love the new site

Postby liviomoreno » 10 Apr 2011, 12:43

Edmondo wrote:Is it better like this :wink:

liviomoreno wrote:
wldspirit wrote:I like them both in appearance, even with the new learning curve, this site has many more options available to not only the moderators, but all members. Going to take some time to learn how to navigate the changes...but as Nuccia pointed out, we can help each other, just yell help! :lol:

There's one thing that maybe could be improved as far the appearance is concerned. I believe that the font size in a quote (see above) is too large and therefore the answer to a quoted question is not emphasized enough.

Thanks for coming back with a solution so quickly! However I would rather decrease the size of the quoted text... (and I like very much the way nested quote are highlighted!)
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 01:00
Location: Rome, Italy

Re: Love the new site

Postby Edmondo » 10 Apr 2011, 13:10

What do you mean exactly. Now the quoted text is 14px, just like the rest of the text. Would you like it smaller than that?

liviomoreno wrote:Thanks for coming back with a solution so quickly! However I would rather decrease the size of the quoted text... (and I like very much the way nested quote are highlighted!)
Tandem fit surculus arbor
User avatar
Edmondo
Staff
Staff
 
Posts: 746
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 00:00
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Re: Love the new site

Postby suanj » 10 Apr 2011, 14:26

Edmondo wrote:What do you mean exactly. Now the quoted text is 14px, just like the rest of the text. Would you like it smaller than that?

liviomoreno wrote:Thanks for coming back with a solution so quickly! However I would rather decrease the size of the quoted text... (and I like very much the way nested quote are highlighted!)

Hi Edmondo 14px is good; I used the same font size in quoted txt by myself
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21382
really is better...
however lacking the language's choice; now all is only in english...
thanks,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 10891
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

Next

31 posts • Page 1 of 31, 2, 3

Return to Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.