Love the new site

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Love the new site

Post by piazza16428 »

:lol:
I love the new site, congradulations of a successful implementation.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Love the new site

Post by nuccia »

We also love it and hope everyone finds their way around here easily enough. If anyone has any questions or difficulties navigating the new site please let us know. Meanwhile we hope you take the opportunity to just take a look around and try out the new features.

Happy Researching!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

hmmmmmmmmm... I love the old site...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
juicy

Post by juicy »

Im with you Suanj. Its like going back to a black and white TV, "big mistake, big, huge".
Squigy
Master
Master

Post by Squigy »

The way I understand it is that the new site also has improved moderator controls, to help fight spam and things like that.

Not only that, it has improved controls for users, too. I personally think the new design is great! I liked the old one, too, though.
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Loved the old site and love the new site too. Super!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

mler wrote:Loved the old site and love the new site too. Super!
DITTO :D :D :D

T.
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Post by DebiHarbuck »

I'm just glad it's back! Change is life...we'll figure it out, right? :)
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Yes, change is part of life and yes, it definitely has improved advanced moderator and user controls. There will also be some other features that will be introduced slowly as time goes on which is pretty exciting. It's also much faster. Again, we're here if you need any help.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

I like them both in appearance, even with the new learning curve, this site has many more options available to not only the moderators, but all members. Going to take some time to learn how to navigate the changes...but as Nuccia pointed out, we can help each other, just yell help! :lol:

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

wldspirit wrote:I like them both in appearance, even with the new learning curve, this site has many more options available to not only the moderators, but all members. Going to take some time to learn how to navigate the changes...but as Nuccia pointed out, we can help each other, just yell help! :lol:
There's one thing that maybe could be improved as far the appearance is concerned. I believe that the font size in a quote (see above) is too large and therefore the answer to a quoted question is not emphasized enough.
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

Is it better like this :wink:
liviomoreno wrote:
wldspirit wrote:I like them both in appearance, even with the new learning curve, this site has many more options available to not only the moderators, but all members. Going to take some time to learn how to navigate the changes...but as Nuccia pointed out, we can help each other, just yell help! :lol:
There's one thing that maybe could be improved as far the appearance is concerned. I believe that the font size in a quote (see above) is too large and therefore the answer to a quoted question is not emphasized enough.
Tandem fit surculus arbor
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Edmondo wrote:Is it better like this :wink:
liviomoreno wrote:
Thanks for coming back with a solution so quickly! However I would rather decrease the size of the quoted text... (and I like very much the way nested quote are highlighted!)
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

What do you mean exactly. Now the quoted text is 14px, just like the rest of the text. Would you like it smaller than that?
liviomoreno wrote: Thanks for coming back with a solution so quickly! However I would rather decrease the size of the quoted text... (and I like very much the way nested quote are highlighted!)
Tandem fit surculus arbor
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Edmondo wrote:What do you mean exactly. Now the quoted text is 14px, just like the rest of the text. Would you like it smaller than that?
liviomoreno wrote: Thanks for coming back with a solution so quickly! However I would rather decrease the size of the quoted text... (and I like very much the way nested quote are highlighted!)
Hi Edmondo 14px is good; I used the same font size in quoted txt by myself
http://italiangenealogy.com/forum/viewt ... =1&t=21382
really is better...
however lacking the language's choice; now all is only in english...
thanks,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH