PM's Disappear

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
kontessa
Elite
Elite

PM's Disappear

Post by kontessa »

Sorry if this problem has already been addressed, but I have have sent pm's that seem to vanish into thin air. The most recent, two days ago, I clicked on a member's name, then on 'pm', typed my message and clicked 'submit'. The message was never received. I sent another message to the same member from the general reply section of the contact section of the forum, and this message went through fine. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with pm's?
Thanks!
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Re: PM's Disappear

Post by Edmondo »

There are no problems with sending PM that I know of.
If you have sent a PM you should see it in your Outbox. It will stay in your Outbox until the recipient has read the PM. When read by the recipient the PM goes to your Sent messages.
Tandem fit surculus arbor
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Edmondo, I sent a PM to a user (most likely by clicking the "PM" button whil reading a forum message - I don't recall with certainty). It remained in my Outbox as expected.

At Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:55 am (EST), the user responded in the forums that he was unable to access my PM. The PM currently shows in my Sent box.

I am sending a copy of this to you by clicking your PM button; we will see if you receive it.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Squigy
Master
Master

Post by Squigy »

If I could suggest, it's possible you accidentaly put the subject in the username area, and the message didn't actually get sent. I did that the first couple times. Take a look at the attached photo.

Anyway, just a thought.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito