Italian Music/Songs

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Italian Music/Songs

Post by sal4 »

I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me.......I'm in the process of finishing a DVD of over 400 pictures and I want to add Italian Music to the DVD and I need to know what Italian Songs would you add to the DVD if you were making it for your family and
does anyone know of a song that sings about Italy or missing the Old Country and their family?......Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
Julo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Italian Music/Songs

Post by Julo »

For these types of DVD I would not use songs but just plain music, classical music, or better yet try some opera intermezzo like Cavalleria Rusticana by Pietro Mascagni.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Therea are some beautiful songs about missing Italy, and very appropriate for this type of DVD. Most of the viewers won't understand the words anyway. All accordian and melodic.
My husband is trying to remember the name of it.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Thank You all........Great suggestions......Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
Kendrick11

Post by Kendrick11 »

sal4 wrote:I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me.......I'm in the process of finishing a DVD of over 400 pictures and I want to add Italian Music to the DVD and I need to know what Italian Songs would you add to the DVD if you were making it for your family and
does anyone know of a song that sings about Italy or missing the Old Country and their family?......Sal4
hi sal4, sorry i couldn't help you for that. But what i know Italian music has a rich tradition and history, from opera to modern Italian rap music. Download Italian music, purchase CDs and listen to classic and popular songs.You know Italian music and most people think of opera operatic singers. They might have heard of the San Remo Music Festival or sung along to recordings of classic Neapolitan songs. But Italian folk music is a tradition that's had a long and creative history and is now enjoying a revival.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Thank You all again.....I found many songs on you-tube......sal4
JoannF

Post by JoannF »

Check out "New Sounds of Old Italy" Italian and Sicilian folk music and cover songs . You can use the music if your video is for private use only as it is copyright protected At http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/joannferrer
elizebath

Post by elizebath »

"I Rischi Della Notte" this is a great Italian song and its music is also very good thanks for sharing this great post.