Italian Symbol for a tattoo or pics of italian heritage tatt

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
21 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Italian Symbol for a tattoo or pics of italian heritage

Postby suanj » 08 Mar 2006, 15:01

jcsm400:
it is normal, because the artist see differently from a normal person and i'm painter), and a italian artist see with " italian eyes" ..
so is very comprensible that you cannot join to this my choice, but for who love a NOT BANAL symbol tattoo my choice is very representative and it original, also historical, and accessible only to who it loves the Italy and its history.. ... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby elba » 08 Mar 2006, 18:08

Troubled wrote:I am looking to get a tattoo, but I want to get something that deals with my italian heritage as well. So I am looking for an italian symbol that I could get tattooed or italian tattoos that other people have gotten. :?:

I suppose if you knew what the coat of arms was for the town your family (De Santis) originated from - you could use that. Not being a 'family' but a 'town' coat of arms you should find this would be OK.

It would also depend on how attractive that particular 'stemma' was, wouldn't it?

Elba.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby jcsm400 » 08 Mar 2006, 22:30

Love all forms of the arts. Just can't see this as a tattoo! Each to their own thing.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby cloga » 14 Mar 2006, 17:10

hi.. i have an awesome italian tattoo... its a cross w/ an italian flag inside and the words sempre fedele... im me on AIM jnofarc21.. i have pictures. my brother has the tricretra symbol of sicily and the devine triology...
cloga

Postby annacataldo » 14 Apr 2006, 03:43

I was thinking of getting a tattoo as well eventually with some sort of italian thing on it. I could not think of anything except the flag, not knowing much of the italian history, but now I am thinking it would be a great idea to get a tattoo of my family crest.
I stopped at a family heritage place at the coast of my state, and they were able to look up my last name, and tell me what my last name meant, and what my family crest was, plus where the name originated. Some names are even telling of what careers your ancestors had, like I think he said the name Black, came from ancestors being blacksmiths, etc. I ordered a framed and matted version of it for less than $20, and it came in a few weeks. If I didnt know what ethniticity my name came from, they could also tell me that, and when I got my family crest in the mail it came with a sheet telling me exactly what each color meant, what the lion in the center meant, etc. By looking at my husbands crest, we were able to find out that he had some sort of royalty in his family.
annacataldo

Postby raybella » 18 Jul 2007, 04:14

hey i wanted to know how to say "love conquers all" in italian also i want to know if anyone could tell me a good quote/phrase in italian b/c i am italian but unfourtuatly i dont speak it very well and i know the tattoo i want its of a heart but idk what i want it to say....if u can pu lease do thankyou :D
raybella

Previous

21 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy