Gertrude has been found!

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Gertrude has been found!

Post by jcsm400 »

Lisa,

How is your son doing?? Hope he is at home!
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Nuccia,

How did the kids do in the belt test.

Sorry! Doing this b/t!!!!
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Oh my God,

I missed so much...Thank you to all of you for remembering to share all this with me. The emails and words in between all the tears (and screaming, which by the way didn't impress the husband much).

My daughter, Jenny is very happy for Wayne. She helped answer the very first post on the thread that night.

Janice, I have so many questions! I hope one day you will be able to share with us some of the less personal stuff. If Gertrude doesn't mind, we'd love to see a picture of her now and one of her with her son when they meet. We feel like this is our family now.

As for loving your grandfather....remember, the issue was between your grandparents and in no way involved you. As an adult now I'm sure you realize that we sometimes do things that only we understand. My mother in law gave up a son when he was very young and although she won't say much, I believe in my heart that outside forces led her to believe that it was the right thing to do. Now finding him for her is the hardest thing to do because she doesn't want to be reminded of the past. May be it was too painful for your grandfather to talk about it and the lies just blended together to protect his son. Luckily, he had a stepmother who hopefully loved and took care of him as much as his real mother would have. God bless her, too for accepting him as her own. I hope he will remember that.

I'm rambling but I'm so emotional right now. Where did you guys go for dinner. Should we all fly out to meet Gertrude?

I think all member should put together a photo album so we can put faces to names? What do you guys think? Janice, hope you'll stick around now and help us here with other posters.

Lisa, how is your son? I pray to St. Anthony for you and your family, too! :D :D

Love you all!
Nuccia :D
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Well folks - I'm off to bed. Its 1:30am - but I don't think I'll sleep.

Lisa - I hope your son is doing fine.

Nuccia - I know all about those belts! My sons are into that too. Tires them out nicely for bed every tuesday night!

Joyce - wow, what a night eh?

It has been an honour and a privilege to be with you all during this time. I think I'll remember tonight as long as I live. What a rollercoaster its been.

See you all in the morning (afternoon or something!)

Marisa xx
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Good night Marisa,

This has been a special night indeed.

My kids go to the classes 6 nights a week. The second one (Jesse) almost skipped a belt..only 1 child would skip it and it was a surprise to everyone. He was 1 in 6 kids chosen out of 60...I was shocked! So was he. He got so excited that he made one smal mistake on he stance which cost him the belt. I'm proud of him anyway.

The oldest (15) decided that after running the mile at school today that he would play soccor for 3 hours before his test and was late. By the time he tested he was actually yawning..Now if they testing him on his video and computer skills! But he passed away.

Jenny was the cutest. The loud mouth actually couldn't speak! It's worth paying the money to keep her quiet.

Wonder how Jan's dinner went....can't wait for her to come online.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Nite, Nite! sweet Marisa...........................see you soon! It's been a once in a lifetime experience to be able to accomplish this with ya'll.
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

right now am talking to wayne now............he sends his love and thanks
he has spoken to gertrude and is still reeling.

the plan is to go there for mother's day not telling her. wayne's brother will e-mail me and i'll tell him the plan we will work things out cash wise.

you guys won't get rid of me now.

love you back later
janice
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Janice,

Tell Wayne we need a play by play... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to work tomorrow but I had a drink (or rather a few) for Wayne and Gertrude! Can Gertrude or you call my boss tomorrow and explain why I won't be in? I'm not a drinker so I really don't look forward to tomorrow.

How was dinner? Where did you guys end up going?

Nuccia :D
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

I"ll call you and tell you k??
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Sounds good to me! Look forward to it. I can give you my bosses number at the same time!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Oops,

Kids are on the phone.....Remember the days when we were small and were in bed at this hour? We've lost all control. First our parents told us what to do, then our spouses, and now our kids.

This world is falling apart! I'll ask Jen to get off. If not, I'll be home tomorrow after 3:30 pm.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

She should be off...bribed her.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

okee dokee

I'm just glad that the dog and cats can't use the phone
janice
LooKin4

Post by LooKin4 »

hey on the lost control of our children thingy

thank GOD for schedule and routine my son has been sleeping from 7 pm to 7 pm or later since he was 3 months old. this afternoon we had a 3 hour nap and he was in bed and sleeping since 9pm and i dont expect to see him till at least 10 tomorrow morning lol

one day he'll rebel but i doubt it

night everyone
rob
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

No fair!

If you tell Nuccia, you got to tell us all. The suspense is getting to me.

Come on>Is she nice? In good health (for being 83)? Does Wayne have any stepsbros or sis? List goes on................................