Gertrude has been found!

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Re: Gertrude has been found!

Post by Marisa6 »

Now that sounds good. It might sound daft - but I really miss red in my garden all winter.

My son loves malamutes too. He wants a dog - but he is allergic to them. Anyway - there will be no more pets while he still has his three giant rabbits which spend their life trying to tunnel out of my garden. Its like something out of the great escape in their enclosure.

Hmm - what we need is a really butch looking pigeon. There must be one out there somewhere :D

Marisa xx
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mahart »

Hi Marisa,

I am now half way through breaking up the concrete, just stopping for a quick cup of tea. You are right though about the butch pigeon I think we Scouse men are similar to Glascow men in that we need to give this macho appearance but we all accept that our wives are the bosses as mine is in a kichen show room this minute no doubt spending our hard eaned money. Oh well at least | get to listen to the build up to my football team's match today (Everton) on the radio obviously as I break concrete.
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

By the way I need more time to consider using a little pigeon for an avatar may be I could find a masculine looking one something that looks like an Alaskan Malamute (my favourite breed of dog) ha!
Hi Mark here are some male pigeon very funny
another
and again
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

just wrote a whole message and got called away and then it got lost I'll be back soon as company leaves
love Janice
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Oh Janice - I'm so looking forward to this story - but take your time! Don't let us rush you.

Suanj - those are great pigeons. I especially like the first one. I'm sure Mark will like them too :D

Mark - don't talk to me about football! All of the flowers in my garden have to be protected from my son and my husband. They usually have no heads left from football damage after a few weeks, and have to be regularly replaced all summer. Rangers are playing this afternoon - so I will get some peace. They are fighting for second place at the moment. The only good thing if they come third is that, by the peculiarities of the Scottish Cup, Gretna would get into Europe next season. That appeals to me as Gretna are a tiny team. Their star striker is the local doctor! Now that would be a good story!!!

Marisa xx
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

okay so now I'll start again..................

When I got home yesterday I checked my e-mail and found and posted the message from the sheriff I did send him great big thank you last night and will send one off to Missing You today.

My first thanks and many many hugs and kisses has to go out to you my new family who without your support and many hours of searching none of this would be possible.

I was finishing up a phone call on my house phone when my cell phone rang (my work phone) for some reason just answered it Hello. A voice on the other end said "do you know who this is?" my reply was "Gertrude Kolsch to which she answered "Yes!". I said I only have one ? "are you my Gertrude?"(as I am starting to choke on the tears) "YES I AM!" was the answer.there were tears there as well.

Once we both collected ourselves the questions and answers began.
Gertrude's parents bought her and Brian a house in England (mark can you possibly check house titles for the 3 addresses that we have). But Brian wasn't happy and found a job in Labrador, Canada. Gertrude and the children were to follow.

Gertrude and Brian and the children stayed with the parent's of Wayne's step-mother in Montreal (where Gertrude felt there was something going on with the youngest daughter) but she didn't want to live in Canada so it was decided that she and Donna(daughter) would go back to the states and find a place to live while Brian made arrangements to be able to live and work in the states. He kept her US Passport (to insure she'd return or for more nefarious reasons we'll never know) she was in an accident soon after returning to the states and Brian refused to help her.

As soon as she was able to travel back to Montreal she did and they had moved she didn't know where. Gertrude contacted Lawyers and Police but no passport, no proof, no help. She returned to the states destitute, alone without her son.

Eventually, she found John Kolsch and they had two sons and moved westward. Donna agry at her mother went to live with the Giaquintos (her father and his people) and she too was lost for 40 years. That situation has since been resolved and they have worked through it. Donna is married to an italian gent and lives in Long Island. She was told last night that her brother has been found.

I am still reeling from the hour+ conversation with her yesterday and am waiting for an e-mail from Wayne's brother so we can begin the photo exchange.

She told me that the one son (a police detective) helped her searched and when all avenues had been exhausted she stopped. "If we are meant to find each other we will" was how she left it. But left the posting on Missing you just in case.

Assured her that I would have Wayne call her last night and she begged me to tell him that he was loved from the day he was born and that she had never abandoned him

Love you all
Janice
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Janice, I'm ver happy, here in italiagenealogy we are better of the police detective, because we found! smile!!!! really I would to see the photos, I hope that you make this in this forum! many happiness, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Dear Janice,

Congratulations!!! I too was in tears reading this story for I know what Wayne felt about his mother. I'm an adoptee so I know all about the unknowing and the trying to find anyone/anything.

The only advice I can give is to keep an open heart and a open mind!!!

I wish you all luck, love, and happiness!!!!:)

hugs and smiles
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

As of 2 minutes ago have sent a huge thank you to the Webmaster at Missing You. For without their help we may still have been looking.

I will stay logged on but really must go and do some domestic type work as I have been rather lax in that department lately for some strange reason.......and now have so much energy to burn off may as well do windows etc. :? :?

Love those pigeons though. :lol: :lol:

Trish...thank you for all your help , I too have a brother out there(given up at birth) now I'd like to try and find him. This experience has given me the inspiration. :P

Back to all later when I have worked off some of this emotional high

Love
Janice
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Wow - what a story. I'm crying in my house, my mother is crying in hers...and sends her love... I think everyone who reads this story has been touched by it.

I've sent off my thankyou emails to eveyone who replyed to me - and they are all delighted too!

Going back to pressure-wash my patio while the sun is shining - back later

much love

Marisa
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

I was just working out how long it took us to find her ..........less than three weeks. With the wrong basic info to boot.

MAkes me think that we can do anything we set our minds to.

hugs
Janice

back to housework..................
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mahart »

Hi everyone,

Janice what a story, if I where a writer I'd be begging for the story regarding the addresses in wirral post them here and I'll check them out for you.
Marisa I agree with you COME ON GRETNA. Don't forget though that Everton have a strong Scottish flavour.
Suanj the pigeons are cool (I'm being macho here by the way, ha!), I think I can see some personal likeness in the the first one, well more in they way of postulating what I'll look like when I get older. Why can't it be a wolf, I'm still not old enough yet to get past primordial male behaviour, I have not told my wife about this little pigeon thing and for my mates well I might have take to drinking a couple of bottles of Pinot Grigio first. And I don't drink too often.

Ah well back to the breaking of concrete

Regards from the Columba Palumbus
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

mark;

61 Bell Road, Wallasey
41 Park Street, Wallasey
44 Florence Street or Road, Wallasey

appreciate the help

back to the spring cleaning

Janice
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

just taking a break............almost done my furnace room ans three loads of laundry took the dogs out e-mailed my mother spoke to wayne 3xs this morning my daughter 4xs talked to my sister twiceand my neighbour who was adopted

SO>>>>>>>>>>who are we looking for next???

janice
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Yes - who are we looking for next - life is going to be a bit dull after this! :roll: