Happy Birthday Maria

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Happy Birthday Maria

Post by mfjp »

Hi Donna,

I was employed at a place way too far to travel to... but well worth the opportunity... the experience there will help me with future work... I was out of the door at 8:00am and back home by 7:00pm...

I litteraly had to drop a few of my hobbies and didn't even have the energy to go onto the computer to look for people...

One night I tried to look for a record... with one eye open and thought.. "wow.. I really can't do this anymore"...

A few people have emailed and phoned me privately wondering if all was well... and you guys know who you are... and I will never forget you.

Occasionally, I would take a look to see what's happening on the forum and noticed a few new members contributing solid info for others.

I was most impressed with Amie... (Nuccia)... a friend of mine... and lucky for me ... lives here in Toronto. Not so lonely anymore...

This forum has the best people around!!

Donna, once I saw your friendly avitar... right away I knew it was you!!

Thanks for all the info you gave us about the 1907 coal mine disaster at Monongah, West Virginia...

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =3734.html

Glad to see your post...
With thanks...
Maria
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

Maria I totally forgot we had the same birthday!! I hope it was more enjoyable than mine.

*Giant (belated) birthday hug*
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Well then,

Happy Birthday to you too James! :D :D :D :D

We need to set up a birthday calendar (minus the birthyears of course). :D

Nuccia
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi Maria,

You said "I was employed at a place way too far to travel to... but well worth the opportunity... the experience there will help me with future work... I was out of the door at 8:00am and back home by 7:00pm..."

This sounds like you decided to leave your job...am I reading it incorrectly? :?

Thanks for the nice words...remember I learned (am learning) from the best...everyone here! :D

All this talk about tomatos made me go check the garden...I have blooms on almost everything! I just have to remember to water well tonight...I hear it's supposed hit 34 degrees C. tomorrow...suntanning weather (and heat stroke weather) for sure. I really hope Italy wins the game tomorrow...the weather at night will be perfect for celebrating!

Hugs and Kisses
Nuccia :D

Nuccia :D
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by juanminbar »

while we are on the subject of tomatoes i have a story to relate. i was going to buy new stakes/post this year. i fell behind in my outdoor chores and was anxious to purchase 12 new ones.

my wife and i traveled about 2 1/2 hours to visit with my daughter and the her two boys, our grandkids. on the return home i stopped at a garden center and noticed the wooden stakes in packages of six for 8.99 a pkg...a job out of the way.

i proceeded this morning to install them in mother earth. heres the strange thing. i traveled about 350 miles both ways. the stakes were sold in york pa. the package of six was shipped in from california. the stakes were made in INDONESIA. isn't that sad that even tomato post have to be imported.

finally i like the velcro tape and yes i did save the pieces i used last year.

stay well..you and your family.

john
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

juanminbar wrote:while we are on the subject of tomatoes i have a story to relate. i was going to buy new stakes/post this year. i fell behind in my outdoor chores and was anxious to purchase 12 new ones.

my wife and i traveled about 2 1/2 hours to visit with my daughter and the her two boys, our grandkids. on the return home i stopped at a garden center and noticed the wooden stakes in packages of six for 8.99 a pkg...a job out of the way.

i proceeded this morning to install them in mother earth. heres the strange thing. i traveled about 350 miles both ways. the stakes were sold in york pa. the package of six was shipped in from california. the stakes were made in INDONESIA. isn't that sad that even tomato post have to be imported.

finally i like the velcro tape and yes i did save the pieces i used last year.

stay well..you and your family.

john
This is so funny.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Those stakes have travelled more this year than I have I my whole life! Gotta love America! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nuccia
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Maria,

Sorry I mised your birthday! Haven't been home, so didn't see the post til today......you may not remember, but you helped me when I first joined the forum just before you left......Many thanks again for that help and I'm glad your back, too.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Joyce
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

joyce,

are you a grandma yet?

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Yes!

Born Wednesday June 14

7lbs 2oz-21 1/4inches

Name: TYLER DAVID

Mom, dad, baby & all grandparnets doing great!

Thanks for remembering,

Joyce
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Jesus Joyce..

was getting worried there for a moment! Details on the birth please...Maria, can we interrupt your special thread with this? Babies are are gift from God..and since it happened on the day you thought was your birthday it seems ok? Is IT?

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Ah - thats lovely news - Congratulations Nonna!

God bless little Tyler and wishing him a long, happy and healthy life :D

Marisa xx
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

[align=center]Happy Birthday Maria
and 'many more to come'.
To a very kind, friendly lady!
[/align]

elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Welcome Tyler!! What a nice name! Congratulations Joyce, parents...

So... this means Tyler, James and myself were all born on American Flag Day!!

Happy Birthday James B. ( cutie + hero...) :lol: Nice to see your message and your photo...

And thank you Elba, Joyce...
:P I have been surprised day after day with all your messages...

Juanminbar wrote....
isn't that sad that even tomato post have to be imported.
ma....

I "post" my tomatoes in true Canadian fashion... I use hockey sticks eh?... My father in law had the best Canadian job ever... he drove a Zamboni at the rink near Mel Lastman's Square... wonder where these sticks were made.... :?

Yes Nuccia... it turned out to be a scorcher out there... how was St. Clair today? .. considering... (Italy tied with USA)...

For those wondering....

St. Clair Ave. West is really a street of interest....

St. Clair Ave... known for massive street parties anytime Italy wins a game... what a reunion!! At one time, Toronto was considered Italy's third largest city!!! Love the Italian spirit here.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Love you all!!!
Maria