Happy Belated Birthday, Marisa!

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Happy Belated Birthday, Marisa!

Post by mfjp »

mahart wrote::D :D
POWER TOOLS for women, what are you mad? you will go around playing Bob the builder (forgiveness I beg).
:) :) :)

typical .... typical... man!! Have you forgotten about Wendy? Bob the builder's woman?

Seeing that you are from England... I bought my Hubby a "WoodRat"....

Made in England... shipped to Ohio... then shipped to Toronto
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mahart »

:) :)
Oh ok! But to be truthful I've never watched Bob the Builder and I'm not really gender biased or am I?
Yes you are right I am a typical man or is that sterotypical? Actually I am Columbus Palomba according to Suanj and I'm not proper English I am Scouse from Liverpool; an island within an island.

And if that does not make sense well I've had a hard day in work and the weather well it rains and it rains and it rains some more.

Regards Mark
:) :)
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Harumph - men and power tools? When we first got married my husband decided he was going to hang a towel rail in the bathroom - despite having never even heard of a rawl plug. For years he swore blind that the radiator underneath was squint - and not his rail :evil: He has sliced through the hedgecutter cable twice - and is only still alive because I had the foresight (from bitter experience of my father and power tools) to buy a circuit breaker! After twenty years he leaves the DIY to me!!!!!

The worst bit with men is that they feel they should be building things - so when you are doing it they hang round you in an attempt to feel useful. Ladies - is there not anything more irritating than an audience when you are building self-assembly furniture? :twisted:

And - while I am in full rant - what is is with men and gardens. My husband is a demon with his hoe - all because he won't get down on his hands and knees and weed the slow way. Every year I plant spring bulbs, and every year he slices the top off them just below ground level with that wretched hoe :twisted: :twisted: AND he gets his 'pathclear' weedkiller in my flowerbeds and along the edge of the lawn. Roght now it is pouring with rain - (you are right about the summer Mark) - and he is out there putting a second dose of fertiliser on the grass to make it green. GREEN!!!! It will need a bl**dy tractor to cut it at this rate.

Off for a glass of wine to calm my nerves :evil: :evil: My poor husband is not going to understand why I am suddenly cross with him :lol:

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Marisa xx
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Marisa, you are such a comic. :lol: :lol: :lol: I've had such a good laugh at your last mesage, did me the world of good! just reminded me when I was younger, my husband's pet saying to me was, "It's not plumb- you need to use a spirit level!" Now I find myself saying the same thing to my sons when they come to do odd jobs for me.
Emmy xx
ps. we really do need a 'chat' forum it would brighten the day.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Consider yourselves all lucky...my husband just takes my tools away and hides them. Too bad for him though that I work in a Home Improvement centre so I just keep buying new tools! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I agree, a chat forum would be nice! :D

Nuccia
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Another tom boy here!!! Drives my hubby crazy.......especially when I annouced I want my OWN Harley Davidson..........not content to ride, I want to drive!!!

My own power tools........hadn't thought about that before.........no more being watched while I use his for my projects........wait till I make that annoucement.......and I'll blame it on you guys!!!!!!!! :P
Lisa :wink:
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

You go girl! :D :D :D

I tried to get my own motorcycle...then I found out I was pregnant with Jennifer and bye, bye! Never thought about it again until you mentioned it...

I'll blame you for this one Lisa! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nuccia :D
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Gosh Lisa,

Please, please be careful riding or driving a HD.....traffic is horrible up there & many drivers have no respect for motorcyles. Had some very close encounters even 30 odd years ago! Sold ours when I got pregnant with first & bought new kitchen cabinets (it was my huband's decision). I've also seen what can happen to the human body & brain when involved in a motorcycle accident....just spend some time in a TBI rehab & you'll know what I mean.

As for power tools: Why keep the hubby around???? Have mine convinced that I can't use them :) .....gets me out of more work & him out of his "lazy boy :!: "

Joyce
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Always careful Joyce....... :wink: Seen my fair share of bikes go down and it's not pretty........we haven't rode this year at all, hubby herniated a disk in his back...so the HD sits in the garage and collects dust........Bri said he may end up **SPAM** it and getting a new one somewhere down the road, if his back allows. But if he gets one.....then so do I!!!!!!!!
Hence the name "Wildspirit"...... :P

Yea Nuccia........we stopped riding for years, raising our children was more important and making sure they had two parents....

Lisa
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by inejenn »

Oh so sorry I forgot your birthday too Marisa! Happy Belated Birthday anyway. Don't worry about the big 40 looming - the kids grow up soon after so you have lots to look forward to!!!

And you can always do as a friend of mine - when asked his age he always replies "I am nearer 40 than 30". He is almost 60 and is still speaking the truth with this statement but it doesn't half puzzle everyone trying to work out what he means.

(By the way I shall be nearer 60 than 40 on Thursday this week).
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

My Granny only gave up her motorbike when she was 75 years old :lol: She is all of about 5ft 2in, and used to wear the full black leather gear astride this massive bike that I still remember clearly from my childhood. She is the one I get my love of power tools from! She is 93 now and still giving them all hell in her retirement home :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never really liked bikes myself - but I do like the biker look 8)

Marisa :wink:
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Inejenn

Happy birthday for thursday. I must remember that tip for future reference :lol:

Marisa xx
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

We definitely need a Birthday section for members!

Nuccia :D
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Yep - and somewhere to chat. There are long gaps between the appearance of Scots Italians needing help - and what is a girl to do but chat :P

Marisa xx
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Ok, I did it. I PM Edmondo and ask you all to do the same. Maybe we can get a chat, Birthday/Special Events Section...

Keep your fingers crossed....but not while riding a bike please.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database