Family Tree Software

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
EireItaliaDonna

Family Tree Software

Post by EireItaliaDonna »

I am planning to put together an extensive family tree to track my family history and in some places there are more than 6 children involved in the family units.

I would like to incorporate family members birth dates and locations, marriage dates and locations and to whom, and death dates and locations. If there is a place within that I can make interesting family story notations that would be wonderful too.

Are there any recommendations for software or websites that I can build this kind of family tree without running into capacity issues? Please advise.

Thank you!
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Family Tree Software

Post by nuccia »

Have a look a this thread..

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... oking.html

Hope this help.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
trevisan2
Master
Master

Re: Family Tree Software

Post by trevisan2 »

I use Roots magic software because it is so ease to imput new individuals into. All you have to do is once the software is open, press "I" for individual and type in the person's name.

I have over 35,000 names in my current research database and the program with no problems.

I impute 1000's of names and enjoy this software. Its $ 39.00 dollars for the CD or $ 19.00 on a down load.

www.rootsmagic.com

regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO