plagiarism of my website

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: plagiarism of my website

Post by JamesBianco »

suanj wrote: my webpage is abt the italian surnames in the past time and currently, and also all interesting link that I found abt the civil records on line.
well, my webpage is :
http://matera.site.voila.fr/Malerba/Cog ... i_1800.htm
and the plagiarist webpage is:
http://www.italven.netfirms.com/italia.htm
as any people can to look, the plagiarist copied also my link abt my webpage artworks:
Torna alla home torna a Time-Art
NOW I wish to ask at plagiarist:
AS IT IS POSSIBLE that you copied a part of my webpage? without nobody my permission?
I think that is horrible Suanj, hopefully soon it will be resolved and his site removed or altered to reflect his own work and not those of others (like yourself)

about your site...

WOAH!!!! Such an amazing compilation of data!! What a resource! I have known you here a couple years now and have never seen this site. I have never seen anything like it (at least for Italy).

AMAZING Job!

:)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Thanks James,
I found this webpages and I made a my webpage( in adding to my personal website) with the appropriate links for to help who search italian origins... what desturb me a little, it is that "our friend" copied so equal, without a little changements.. thanks a lot, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
emiroirausquin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by emiroirausquin »

Hi Suanj,

A couple of things,

-I am not a web designer, builder or a super Techguy, I am learning how to build my website as I go. That page of that OLD website of mine was not meant to go live because I was going to clean it and customize it for my new site – which I also realized was showing the same info when I did the migration of data. I stoped building and using that website in 2003 (netfirms Logs will confirm that) and that info is no lonnger available in either www.italven.netfirms.com or www.italven.org

-You SHOULD HAVE contacted me on this long BEFORE initiating this tread.

- I know you are very knowledgeable and that you have helped a lot of people - including myself. therefore I would never deliberately take advantage of your hard work without your permission.

-For “thoseâ€
Emiro Irausquin Sangiovanni
http://www.italven.org
Genealogia Italiana en Venezuela - Base de Datos de italianos en venezuela 1800-1900
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Emiro:
-I don't SHOULD HAVE contacted you on this long BEFORE initiating this tread;
but:
-You SHOULD HAVE contacted me FOR A PERMISSION BEFORE of copyng

this for right and ethic rule.

And:

-IN ANY CASE NO PROBLEMS, WE ARE ALWAYS FRIENDS.
NO PROBLEMS!!!

Best regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Emiro,

You have stated that you would never deliberately take advantage of Suanj's hard work without her permission yet you earlier state that the particular page was not meant to go live so you knew full and well that you had someone elses work and had not asked permission and I think most people would consider that a deliberate act.........

- You SHOULD HAVE contacted Suanj long BEFORE and ASK if she mind that you use it while learning to build your own website.

You're chastising her and other people on the site for their comments......just a reminder for you.......the people that posted have known each other for a very long time, it's like family so you shouldn't take offense at everyone standing up for Suanj. I'm still very new to the site but Suanj has helped me so much in a short time....I have very deep respect for her as do ALL of the people on this site.

If you had just asked Suanj in the first place there wouldn't have been any posts.

I spoke my mind and now I feel better.

Elizabeth
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Elizabeth, no problems for me, Emiroausquin is a good friend, and if I made the topic, it was for a big surprise that I had abt no permission request... in any case no problems.... good sunday, regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

I must have been typing while you were posting Suanj, I didn't see you had replied. No problem.....have a great day.

Regards,

Elizabeth
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

:lol: thanks Elizabeth for your friendship, kisses suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
emiroirausquin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by emiroirausquin »

Hi Suanj

Thank you for your understanding.

When I mentioned that “you should have contacted me before posting the treadâ€
Genealogia Italiana en Venezuela - Base de Datos de italianos en venezuela 1800-1900
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi Emiro,

I know you think we slammed into you pretty hard with some of our comments and at first I thought I shouldn't answer your post but since you publicly apologized to suanj, then I think its the least I can do and apologize for having offended you.

I don't want to beat a dead horse but I was, with my comments, trying to play devils advocate and look at both sides. As Elizabeth said, we have all known Raffaella for a very long time so natural instinct I guess just kicked in. We are a very close group and its hard to separate our emotions from logic sometimes. We all love her dearly and would hate to see her (or anyone else here) get hurt.

I'm glad you both were able to straighten this out and I hope that we can all put this behind us. If nothing else, it has taught us two very important lessons..know our legal rights and obligations and don't throw people to the wolves before knowing the whole story.

Please, keep us posted on your website. I'm sure you are providing a great service to many and I look forward to hearing more about it in the future. :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

emiro: :D !!!
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Post by peggymckee »

To all--

IMHO, it seems wisest and most considerate to ask in advance--after all, someone is within their rights not to want to lend you something-- even if you don't intend to pass it off as your own or make the loaned material public.

SuanJ is very kind and forgiving, but others might not be.

All the best, Peggy M
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
emiroirausquin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by emiroirausquin »

Suanj and Nuccia,

Nuccia thank you very much for your words - I realy apreciate them.

I must say that it is very impressive to see a group with such close ties. And I think that’s great! :o)

I must say that it doesn’t feel good to know that these postings are out there in the internet for everyone to see,, especially since this field of Italian Genealogy is so specific and my full name is not common at all, and I am – through my website – pretty much the contact person, or only person, that has created a site of Italian genealogy specific to my home country. Anyhow, I guess I will have to live with that.

I will definitely keep you both posted on my website progress.

You girls have a great day,

Hughs for both of you!
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

If no one has any further objections, I would like to lock this thread. I think suanj and emiro have settled their differences to both their satisfactions and I don't think we need to continue this anymore.

I hope this is ok.

If anyone has any further concerns about this or any other issues, please, feel free to PM myself, wldspirit or Edmondo. WE are always happy to help.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database