Iternational Repy Coupons --Again!!

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Emmy
Master
Master

Iternational Repy Coupons --Again!!

Post by Emmy »

I've just had a reply from a letter I sent to Michigan US. I had enclosed a self addressed envelope and an Iternational Reply Coupon to cover the cost of the return postage. The person who replied to my letter returned the Inernational Reply Coupon saying the Post Office in Michigan would not accept it. So tell me this just WHY do the say the are UNIVERSAL coupons or more appropriately WHY do they sell them in the first place if they cannot be redeemed is this just another way for the Post Office to make money??
A very annoyed Emmy

I'm off to complain to the Post Office tomorrow :x :x :x
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Re: Iternational Repy Coupons --Again!!

Post by peggymckee »

Dear Emmy,

In the US the cost of sending 1 ounce airmail letter from the US to Scotland is $.90. One British pound is $2.07. In other words, the cost is not great, less than 50p. Here is our US post office website--maybe it will explain about the coupons. http://www.usps.com/

Bottom line--I don't think they are worth it even if they were accepted. If the lady in Michigan sends you a lot of things, why not send her back some nice Scottish shortbread! All the best, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
Emmy
Master
Master

Re: Iternational Repy Coupons --Again!!

Post by Emmy »

I agree with what you are saying and normally I wouldn't send an IRC, but I did this as a 'goodwill' gesture especially when I was asking the person to reply with information.
It's not the cost, it's the principal behind it I'm annoyed about. I did go to our local P.O. this morning and he has told me to 'phone the 'Head Office' and tell them about this and he agreed with me, what is the sense of **SPAM** them if other countries wont accept them.

Emmy