anyone?
by QuestionSleep
19 Aug 2009, 22:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Di Ceglia/Pasculli
Replies: 2
Views: 4347

Di Ceglia/Pasculli

Hello..So I finally found some information I was previously looking for (On the Rubino/Rubini and Paolillo I was searching for) and now some of the surnames that came up were the ones above, Di Ceglia and Pasculli..I cannot find the information of their first names (I want to say one was an Isabella...
by QuestionSleep
10 Sep 2006, 03:41
Topic: Paolillo/Paulilli
Replies: 10
Views: 10014

Re: Paolillo/Paulilli

Re: RUBINI (Rubino)/ PAULILLI(Paolillo) Ship Manifest 1920 reposted from an earlier response by suanj (thanks!) Hope this helps, vj SS Patria from Naples to New York arrived 11 Jun 1920 lines 9&10 page 1 http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Ftif2gif%2Eexe%3FT%3D%5C%...
by QuestionSleep
24 Jul 2006, 04:54
Topic: Possible relation to an Italian director, Sergio Rubini?
Replies: 1
Views: 3055

Possible relation to an Italian director, Sergio Rubini?

Okay, if anybody has seen my previous posts, you know that I was looking for a Giuseppe Rubino (which really turned out to be Rubini) there is much information that I still wish to know, but I need to pay somebody to find out the rest, so I am moving on for a second to somebody else... SO , consider...
by QuestionSleep
28 Jun 2006, 10:18
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian horn, and another question.
Replies: 15
Views: 105882

Re: Italian horn, and another question.

So it has come to my attention that the Italian horn...looks like a sperm.... to put it bluntly. I knew it did, but it never bothered me because hey its my culture, and my great grandfathers, so its like a memory of him--and obviously its not a replica of a sperm. But today, and recently many people...
by QuestionSleep
26 May 2006, 05:12

nuccia wrote:No, there is one horn..one anchor and a heart (I can't remember for sure)..the horn can be worn separately and often is...or can be worn as a trio..they stand for hope, faith and charity...

The horn is also worn to ward off evil...

Nuccia
Oh, I see, thats pretty cool.
by QuestionSleep
26 May 2006, 05:00

I live in Toronto where there is a high Italian population... everyone has a horn. All my kids were given one at birth as well...actually, they have all three hope, faith and charity . I'm a Southern Italian and have olive skin tone and dark hair as most southerns have. I believe the Northeners are...
by QuestionSleep
26 May 2006, 02:12

Italian horn, and another question.

Hey, sorry if this is a little pointless, but does anyone else have an Italian horn? I have my great grandfathers, I wear it all the time. I was actually surprised to see sombody else in my school with one! (I live in Maine, so the Italian population is pretty low) and is it ture that you can only g...
by QuestionSleep
13 Mar 2006, 08:47

Re: Paolillo/Paulilli

Of course, the more information you provide us the more chances of getting a better response. Sometimes its easier to find someone through another person due to misspellings and such. Where in the USA did she travel to? Nuccia :D Okay, more info: In the mafiest her name is Paulilli (but the others ...
by QuestionSleep
24 Feb 2006, 04:13

Paolillo/Paulilli

Hello, I realize that I posted a similar question a very long time ago (only I spelt it Paulillo, because I wasn't quite sure) I didn't get that much of a reply, so maybe someone else will recognize it. My great great grandmother was Isabella Paolillo (or Paolilli...I don't think it's that much of a...
by QuestionSleep
03 Jul 2005, 21:44
Topic: Having trouble finding information.....
Replies: 5
Views: 6493

Re: Having trouble finding information.....

in the ship's manifest 1920 are Giuseppe Rubini(no Rubino) and wife Isabella Paulilli coming from Bisceglie( Bari); never in USA; the Giuseppe mother is also Isabella Rubini in Bisceglie... joining to Mauro Rubini ( perhaps is Mauro Paulillo ellisisland.org/search...720130829; also came in Mass on S...
by QuestionSleep
01 Jul 2005, 11:06
Topic: Cant seem to find surname Paulilli in databases.
Replies: 1
Views: 2842

Cant seem to find surname Paulilli in databases.

Practically every database does not have the name Paulilli (maybe I havent looked well enough) I tried looking in Italy's virtual phonebook thing (from an earlier post) but there were no Paulilli's.....is it even Italian? it makes me wonder. It was my great grandmothers last name, because it was in ...
by QuestionSleep
01 Jul 2005, 10:24
Topic: Having trouble finding information.....
Replies: 5
Views: 6493

Having trouble finding information.....

I'm sorry if this question is obvious and stupid, but I'm having trouble finding the answer (which, like I already said, is probably obvious) I found alot of information on my great grandfather and a little on his wife (I found his real name, dates and location of birth, death, and naturalization et...
by QuestionSleep
16 May 2005, 01:33
Topic: Searching for records on [b]Joseph Rubino[/b]
Replies: 7
Views: 13122

Searching for records on [b]Joseph Rubino[/b]

I've already posted something similar, but maybe someone else can help. My great grandfather's name was Joseph William Rubino (Not Guiseppe) and his wife's name was Elizabeth. I have looked and looked, but only now have I realized how many Joseph Rubino's there are, I do not know much other informat...
by QuestionSleep
14 May 2005, 08:21
Topic: Is Pilone an Italian surname?
Replies: 4
Views: 4257

Is Pilone an Italian surname?

Is Pilone an Italian last name? If it it what does it mean?

My father thinks his grandmothers maiden name was either Pilloli or Pilone. I don't know if either of them are, or if they are spelled right.
If somebody could tell me if it is or not it would be helpful.