Search found 30 matches

by tbehler
05 Jun 2011, 07:55
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: An Atto di Nascita from Palermo
Replies: 9
Views: 2346

Re: An Atto di Nascita from Palermo

Wow Tessa, Marty... Your translations make perfect sense, thanks so much. I think you're right about the elder Rosalia. She's probably either a cousin or the younger Rosalia's aunt. Eventually I hope to get records for Calcedonio's and Giuseppa Vento's siblings and parents. But I doubt if the LDS Fa...
by tbehler
04 Jun 2011, 03:19

Hi Marty, hi Tessa... Hmmm...both links worked for me when I first uploaded them...but not now! So I've uploaded both pages of the Atto again. The first link is for page 1 of the Atto, with just the text. Link 2 is for just the left half of page 2; again, just the text. I still can't make out the tw...
by tbehler
02 Jun 2011, 07:24

Thanks Marty. I doublechecked on Google and sure enough, San Nicolo di Beri is in Albergaria and it appers to be the same church where Antonina (the eldest child) was baptized. But this older Rosalia Salerno is a surprise because young Rosalia's mother was Giuseppa Vento. I wonder who Rosalia could ...
by tbehler
01 Jun 2011, 06:01

An Atto di Nascita from Palermo

An Atto di Nascita from Palermo Hi Everyone... The LDS Family History Library came through for me again, this time with the Atto di Nascita for my great grandfather's younger brother Calcedonio. I can make out enough to confirm that their parents Giacomo Luca and Rosalia Salerno have moved yet again...
by tbehler
20 May 2011, 18:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Can I get two "copia integrale" Attos from one request?
Replies: 6
Views: 1572

Re: Can I get two "copia integrale" Attos from one request?

Ahhh, thank you Marty, that was just what I needed. And that link to the FamilySearch Wiki is priceless, too. I had never seen an Atto di Matrimonio before.

(Now, whichever Atto marriage document Palermo's Stato Civile sends back, pleeeeeeeeeeease let it confirm that Giuseppe was a barber!)

;-]
by tbehler
20 May 2011, 05:09

Hey... I just had a nervous chill! I'm familiar with an "Atto della Solenne Promessa di Celebrare il Matrimonio"...that's what I found for Giuseppe's parents. But the only reference I've found to a full photocopy of a marriage record is a "copia integrale dell'atto di Matrimonio"...
by tbehler
18 May 2011, 20:53

Hey, thanks you guys, that's wonderful news! P.S. In the LDS microfilms, I did manage to find the "Atto...Matrimonio" for Giuseppe's parents, Giacomo Luca and Rosalia Salerno. All four pages and I've managed to get about 90% of it translated. Though just a photocopy, it's still really sati...
by tbehler
17 May 2011, 21:16

Can I get two "copia integrale" Attos from one request?

Hi Everyone... Although I was successful in locating "pel decennio" index records for my greatgrandfather Giuseppe Luca's birth and marriage, in LDS Family History Center microfilms, I have not been able to find the full "Atto di Nascita" or "Matrimonio" records. (Sadly...
by tbehler
08 May 2011, 21:32
Topic: Need help identifying a church
Replies: 8
Views: 2285

Re: Need help identifying a church

Hey, you guys, thanks... This is so curious. They are married in simply "the church"? Giacomo and Rosalia's first child Antonina was baptised at "S. Nicolo" (San Nicolò all'Albergheria?) and recorded at the Palermo sezione of Santa Christina. And they appeared to be living in &qu...
by tbehler
08 May 2011, 00:27
Topic: Full translation of birth/marriage/death certificates?
Replies: 2
Views: 4507

Re: Full translation of birth/marriage/death certificates?

Hello... I was searching for exactly the same thing and I just recently found the following book on Google Books: "Italian Genealogical Records: How to Use Italian Civil, Ecclesiastical, and Other Records in Family History Research ... By Trafford R. Cole" This book has translated versions...
by tbehler
07 May 2011, 23:55

Ahh...I should have thought of that. Here are all four pages of the Atto: Page 1, complete http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1261/page1cl.jpg Page 2, complete http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9062/page2xq.jpg page 3, handwriting enlarged http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/199/page3enlarged.png/ p...
by tbehler
07 May 2011, 07:06

Hi... The image I posted is the upper right hand corner of page 1 of my great great grandparent's marriage Atto. The Atto di Nascita I refered to (for their daughter) is not posted here. I have seen Hugh's web site (it's wonderful!) but I've never found a picture of anyone's complete marriage Atto o...
by tbehler
06 May 2011, 08:10

Need help identifying a church

Hi Everyone... I am totally unable to figure out the Palermo church my great great grandparents were married in, as identified in their Atto della Solenne Promessa di Celebrare il Matrimonio. I cannot even determine if the church name in question is one word or two. It looks to me as if it might be ...
by tbehler
30 Apr 2011, 21:32
Topic: Help with translation of a marriage "Atto"
Replies: 5
Views: 1595

Re: Help with translation of a marriage "Atto"

Thanks Livio... I guessed both Giacomo and Rosalia would have to submit their own birth documents but I didn't realize there would need to be a certificate of non opposition from Giacomo's sezione. That's good to know...now I have another thing to search for in the Latter Day Saints' treasure trove ...
by tbehler
29 Apr 2011, 23:17
Topic: Help with translation of a marriage "Atto"
Replies: 5
Views: 1595

Re: Help with translation of a marriage "Atto"

With items 5-9 describing documents and records submitted by Giacomo and Rosalia for their marriage application now identified, I realize that items 1-4 would also be good to know. They are presumably described on page 2 of the Atto. Could someone translate this lower left hand section of page 2? Th...