Search found 17 matches

by HVeneziano
04 Nov 2004, 08:12
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation Help Please
Replies: 2
Views: 5261

Re: Translation Help Please

Thank you so much DeliBoy for the translation. I'm sorry about the death certificate question, I read the form over too quickly and didn't realize that they were stating that he was born in Canicatti. I thought that they were saying that is where his wife died. Best wishes and Thank you again, Since...
by HVeneziano
02 Nov 2004, 22:24
Topic: Translation Help Please
Views: 5261

Translation Help Please

Hello, After many months of waiting I finally received my gg-grandfathers records from Castrofilippo and Canicatti Sicily. I know what is said on most of a letter that they sent me along with the information but am having trouble translating part of it. Hopefully someone can help. Here is the text- ...
by HVeneziano
13 Sep 2004, 10:27
Topic: Can anyone help me with some handwriting?
Views: 5009

Re: Can anyone help me with some handwriting?

Thank you suanj.
Vincenza was another sister so that makes sense. I am awaiting documents from Castrofilippo, where the family was from. Hopefully when I recieve them I will be able to identify the sister that Antonia stayed with.
Thank you for your help,
HVeneziano
by HVeneziano
12 Sep 2004, 12:59
Topic: Can anyone help me with some handwriting?
Views: 5009

Can anyone help me with some handwriting?

Hello, The people of the site have always been able to help me in the past and I hope that this time they will be able to as well. The problem I am having is with handwriting on two passanger lists on the Ellis Island Website. The first is listed under the name Maria Antonia Seminatore she arrived D...
by HVeneziano
31 Jul 2004, 19:39
Topic: Italian version of Agnes
Replies: 1
Views: 4668

Italian version of Agnes

Does Agnes have an italian translation?
Thanks for the help
-HVeneziano
by HVeneziano
31 Jul 2004, 09:44
Topic: I need handwriting help
Views: 4574

I need handwriting help

Hello I hope someone can help me. :? I found one of my uncle's and my ggrandfather on the ellis island site and they say on their passenger list that they left a mother in itlay. I am haveing trouble reading what they wrote down for her name. If someone can help me I would really appreciate it. My g...
by HVeneziano
29 Jul 2004, 23:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Palazzo from corleone
Replies: 6
Views: 5777

Re: Palazzo from corleone

You might want to look over the passenger lists and check to see if others from the same town are listed next to your relatives. I'm not sure what ages the children were but if they were young they probably were looked after by someone listed near them on the passenger list. In my research by doing ...
by HVeneziano
29 Jul 2004, 14:21
Topic: Italian version of Virginia
Views: 4850

Italian version of Virginia

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me. My ggrandmother Maria Seminatore's sister was called Virginia here in the USA. I'm not sure what her birth name was or why she changed it. Does anyone know an italian form of Virginia? I have found all of the other siblings of Maria on ellisisland.org but...
by HVeneziano
29 Jul 2004, 10:52
Topic: reasoning for double surnames?
Views: 3138

reasoning for double surnames?

My ggrandfathers last name was Veneziano Broccia. When I searched for family in favara (where he was from) with that last name I found that there are quite a few. Also his father and grandfather also had that last name which rules out it being a combination of his mother and fathers surnames. Does a...
by HVeneziano
03 Jul 2004, 08:41
Topic: my family search
Replies: 14
Views: 13499

Re: my family search

I already have a copy of his milatary records, he was only in the army for two months when he got an honorable discharge. The discharge papers do not list any other information on his family. I have just sent letters out to castrofilippo and favara, I hope to learn more from them.
Thanks
HVeneziano
by HVeneziano
01 Jul 2004, 23:46

I think that when I was looking for Giuseppe Veneziano on ellisisland.org I might have picked the wrong one. He might actually be listed as being from the USA. The solid facts that I know about him are that he was born on March 1888 and died October 15 1968 he was born in Favara, Agrigento Italy to ...
by HVeneziano
01 Jul 2004, 22:52

Thank you so much for all the information in the last post. I went to ellis island.org and found out that Rosa(b1879), Angelo(b1886) and Vincenza(b 1889) all seem to be Maria's siblings. I could not find information on the Salvatore or Maria Antonia you mentioned but I will keep trying. I have also ...
by HVeneziano
01 Jul 2004, 17:46

Thanks for the website. I'll let you know if I get a response.
-HVeneziano
by HVeneziano
01 Jul 2004, 17:11

I am not sure of exactly who to contact. I found web pages for Castrofilippo and Favara and have e-mailed the web site hosts on their advice but I did not recieve any replies. I have also e-mailed the catholic archdiocese of agrigento but they too have not answered. I think I might have to write to ...