Search found 19 matches

by cinderella
26 Nov 2007, 18:56
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Maruzzella family in Canicatti, Arigento, Sicily
Replies: 5
Views: 9886

Re: Maruzzella family in Canicatti, Arigento, Sicily

Basically all information, so I can fill in the missing information. I have located Michele Maruzzella with some of his children in Alia. He moved there in the 1840's. Most of the information I seek is prior to 1840.
Thank you,
Denise
by cinderella
25 Nov 2007, 19:23

Re: Maruzzella family in Canicatti, Arigento, Sicily

Thank you. This is research I posted years ago on the Maruzella Family. I recently discovered some additional information....hoping to contact someone with additional information. Thank you for sending this....
Have a great day.
by cinderella
24 Nov 2007, 18:31

Maruzzella family in Canicatti, Arigento, Sicily

I am looking for information on Canicatti. I have recently discovered that I have a Maruzella line from here. Does anyone have information on Canicatti and/or on Agostino or Giuseppe Maruzzella? Agostino would have been born approx. 1780; Giuseppe about 1798. Giuseppe had a son, Michele born in 1816...
by cinderella
24 Jun 2007, 15:52
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
Replies: 128
Views: 199546

Re: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families

Where can I find out more about the cholera outbreak in Alia? All of my ancestors are Sicilian and come from Alia or Roccapalumba.
In checking with the LDS Family History Library catalog, they only have microfilm that covers Alia to 1820. I need records well before that. Any ideas where I can look?
by cinderella
24 Jun 2007, 04:33
Topic: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families
Replies: 128
Views: 199546

Re: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families

I, too, am looking for Alia Scaccias. Does anyone have information on Cajeani Scaccia, born approx. 1727? His wife was Luciana Genco.

Thank you!
by cinderella
21 Jul 2006, 01:42
Topic: Church records in Alia, Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 5940

Re: Church records in Alia, Italy

Thank you very much. I am back to the 1700 and 1600's and need the parish records. Thank you for providing the addresses.
by cinderella
20 Jul 2006, 10:36
Topic: Church records in Alia, Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 5940

Church records in Alia, Italy

I have been searching for Church records in Alia, Italy. I have searched the Family History Library in SLC, and they only have civil records microfilmed beginning with 1821. Any suggestion where I can find parish records?
by cinderella
20 Jul 2006, 10:33
Topic: Di Lucia
Replies: 1
Views: 2810

Di Lucia

I have been searching for my 3great grandmother, Santa di Lucia. According to her marriage certificate, she was born in Canicatti sometime before 1820. I believe her father may be Santo di Lucia and Antonnia Moncado, her mother. Does anyone have any information?
Thank you.
by cinderella
06 Mar 2005, 03:01
Topic: UConn student looking for info on ggfather ROSARIO MORELLO
Replies: 6
Views: 8464

Re: UConn student looking for info on ggfather ROSARIO MOREL

I noticed you were also searching for Ruffino. I do have some information on that line. Please let me know if you are interested.
Thanks! :D
by cinderella
10 Feb 2005, 04:32
Topic: Roccapalumba, Palermo, Italy
Replies: 11
Views: 13853

Re: Roccapalumba, Palermo, Italy

Hi Peter:
Just a quick update. I have been researching the microfilms...some many times over as I extend/and find new names. I have been able to trace the Roccapalumba lines back to 1635!!! Thank you for your help and advice.
Cinderella
by cinderella
08 Jan 2005, 03:14
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translating Italian to Latin
Replies: 8
Views: 10585

Re: Translating Italian to Latin

Thank you Peter! This will be a tremendous help!
by cinderella
07 Jan 2005, 04:43

:D Thank you, Peter. Are there any other letters such as "G" and "H" that I should be aware of when translating Latin to Italian? I'm in the process of translating several parish registers from Roccapalumba that are in Latin. Are there publications available that might help? Than...
by cinderella
06 Jan 2005, 00:18

Thank you for your response. This helps me out tremendsouly. Are there any other letters, such as your "G" and "H" that I should be aware of when translating latin to Italian? Is there a publication that lists some of these translation challenges?
Thank you.
by cinderella
04 Jan 2005, 00:55

Translating Italian to Latin

I have a family name of "Janello," which I found on some parish registries from the 1700's in Roccapalumba. This same family appears on some birth documents (on microfilm) as "Ianello." Does the "I" translate to "J" in Latin?
by cinderella
11 Oct 2004, 04:14
Topic: Greco Family/Roccapalumba
Replies: 1
Views: 3368

Greco Family/Roccapalumba

I am searching for a Giovanni Greco (born approx. 1776) in Roccapalumba. He had a daughter named Maria who married a Rosolino Di Gregorio in 1817.