Search found 5 matches

by christiani
09 Aug 2004, 18:25
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: No Records for Great Grandfather
Replies: 14
Views: 10179

Re: No Records for Great Grandfather

It is the grandfather from the census in California. I dont understand why his census would say Crissin and his death certificate would say Cristiani. And I have no idea why his children added the H to spell Christiani. I thank you again for all your help and I will try to see if there is a Declarat...
by christiani
07 Aug 2004, 21:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Crissin, Cristani, Christani, Christiani
Replies: 7
Views: 9303

Re: Crissin, Cristani, Christani, Christiani

Suanj,

I was wondering where you obtained this information?

Deborah
by christiani
07 Aug 2004, 21:06

Re: No Records for Great Grandfather

Hi Peter, me again. Leo Cristiani was born in Italy approx 1866. He came to the USA in 1887, married Giovianina Ferrari (her second marriage, with maiden name of Apesi) in 1921 and died in San Rafael, CA of a stroke Nov 19, 1928. He was approx 62 when he died. His children were very young (my grandf...
by christiani
07 Aug 2004, 01:57

No Records for Great Grandfather

Ellis Island does not have records for 1887, what is my next place to search. I have the year, first name and a few possible spellings of the last name. Leo's death certificate just says born in Italy.
by christiani
07 Aug 2004, 01:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Crissin, Cristani, Christani, Christiani
Replies: 7
Views: 9303

Crissin, Cristani, Christani, Christiani

Currently in California family spelling of name is Christiani. Leo came over from italy in 1887 with either last name spelling of either Crissin, Cristani or Christani. Can not locate where in Italy he came from and that is what I am looking for. Ellis Island does not have records as early as 1887, ...