by BethW
19 Apr 2012, 03:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: cerimele
Replies: 5
Views: 2609

Re: cerimele

Hi Scott,

Do you have any other info on Francesco's family? Children, siblings, spouse?

Beth
by BethW
29 Sep 2011, 15:12
Topic: ORLANDO, PALLOFFA FROM AGNONE
Replies: 10
Views: 3682

Re: ORLANDO, PALLOFFA FROM AGNONE

I just went back and looked at my old research notes and found something that may help. These both come from the Agnone civil records that the LDS have on film. Angelo Orlando, born April, 1886, to Crispino Orlando and Angela Maria Pallotta Raffaele Orlando, born January, 1885, to Crispino Orlando a...
by BethW
10 Sep 2009, 00:50
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: naming question
Replies: 5
Views: 7317

Re: naming question

And, at least as far as the name Maria is concerned, it's not just twins. My GG-grandfather's sisters were Maria Pasquala, Maria Concetta, Maria Grazia, Bambina Maria, and Maria Antonia (and, just for good measure, his wife was named Maria Fedela, and their only daughter was Maria Carmela).
by BethW
30 Jun 2009, 20:53
Topic: does this pic look like it was taken in Italy?
Views: 7626

Re: does this pic look like it was taken in Italy?

Here's a link to a photo of one of the buildings at the Hagley Museum. It might be worthwhile sending the photo to someone at the museum to see whether the photo could have been taken there.

http://portal.delaware.gov/photos/colle ... 1171.shtml
by BethW
30 Jun 2009, 15:31
Topic: does this pic look like it was taken in Italy?
Views: 7626

Re: does this pic look like it was taken in Italy?

The terrace is very shallow and edged with a rock wall. It looks like the ground drops off beyond that. The walls are rough stone block with very narrow slit windows. It suggests to me that the building is built onto the side of a fairly steep hill. It reminds me of houses I've seen that were built ...
by BethW
24 Apr 2009, 21:52
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: significance of lines crossed out on ship manifests
Replies: 3
Views: 4243

Re: significance of lines crossed out on ship manifests

Sometimes they would cross out the names of U.S. citizens and then list them on a separate page.

Beth
by BethW
22 Apr 2009, 01:49
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italians of Pueblo, Colorado
Replies: 25
Views: 25679

Re: Italians of Pueblo, Colorado

There is a WWI Draft Registration card for a Frank Palmer Vence of Pueblo, Colorado. He is listed as an Italian subject, born Feb 28, 1885.
Occupation - "Soft drink Parlor"
Employer - Joe Vettr
Employment address - 242 W. 1st St., Pueblo, Colorado
by BethW
21 Apr 2009, 17:49
Topic: Italians of Pueblo, Colorado
Replies: 25
Views: 25679

Re: Italians of Pueblo, Colorado

Paul - Ellis Island shows a Francesco Palmo Vence arriving 13 Mar 1903 on the Weimar from Naples, age 18, last residence Trenta.

Iris2r - Do you know who the parents/grandparents of Frank Del Fraino or Angelina Tavarozzi were?

Thanks,
Beth
by BethW
06 Apr 2009, 14:21
Topic: Earthquake
Replies: 39
Views: 31682

Re: Earthquake

I'm visiting family in Agnone, about 70 km away, and the quake woke me up. There was some damage here, but not much. All of the public buildings were closed so that they could assess the structures. Family in Chieti say there was more damage there, but nothing like poor L'Aquila. As Essgee said, the...
by BethW
02 Dec 2008, 18:43
Topic: Graduation gift
Replies: 0
Views: 3187

Graduation gift

My cousin in Italy is graduating from college and I wanted to send her a small gift. Are there any particular traditions or customs for graduation gifts? She is from Molise and lives in Abruzzo.

Thanks,
Beth
by BethW
24 Aug 2008, 20:48
Topic: Genealogy Software - Languages other than English
Replies: 4
Views: 7714

Re: Genealogy Software - Languages other than English

Thanks Libees.

I don't mind going between progams, so I'll give both Legacy and My Heritage a try. Are there any features, reports, etc. of either that you particularly like?

Beth
by BethW
23 Aug 2008, 20:21
Topic: Genealogy Software - Languages other than English
Replies: 4
Views: 7714

Genealogy Software - Languages other than English

I currently use Family Tree Maker 2005 which, as far as I can tell, only uses English. I'm currently working with a cousin in Italy to try to flesh out the more recent generations of our family tree. However, he is not particularly comfortable reading English. Do later incarnations of Family Tree Ma...
by BethW
15 Aug 2008, 03:57
Topic: Huge dilemma!
Replies: 16
Views: 15663

Re: Huge dilemma!

I saw that you came across a possible lead on Genealogy.com a while back - Antonio Roselli (b. 1885) of Piedimonte San Germano, son of Salvatore Roselli and Maria Elena di Giorgio. Did anything come of that?
by BethW
14 Aug 2008, 22:57
Topic: Huge dilemma!
Replies: 16
Views: 15663

Re: Huge dilemma!

Hi Melissa, I looked at the images you posted on Ancestry. (At least I'm assuming that was you.) Have you tried the Scotland's People site at all - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk ? I know it's a pay site, but in my own experience you get a lot for your 6GBP. I poked around a little and it looks like the...
by BethW
10 Aug 2008, 15:57
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Letter of Condolence
Replies: 3
Views: 7859

Re: Letter of Condolence

Thank you Suanj and Peter.

Beth