Search found 36 matches

by sumner
14 Jun 2005, 05:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: surnames Cantoni & Piazzi (Circus)
Replies: 30
Views: 30815

Re: surnames Cantoni & Piazzi (Circus)

Luis ... Bienvenidos a la forum. My Espanol is muy mal. Yo escribo en Ingles. Its too bad your dad died before he could share all the Cantoni information with you. Did you learn anything at all about where in Italy your family came from? That would help us by itself. Gracias (Bah! Grazie), Sumner Tu...
by sumner
24 Jan 2005, 00:00
Topic: surnames Cantoni & Piazzi (Circus)
Replies: 30
Views: 30815

Re: surnames Cantoni & Piazzi (Circus)

I don't know if this helps at all. But in suanj's listing of the record from Piacenza, it indicates the family may have been from Emilia-Romagna. Well, I can tell you that Cantoni is a VERY common surname in the villages where I am doing my research (with suanj's tremendous assistance). In fact, I a...
by sumner
15 Jan 2005, 00:01
Topic: Mingori
Replies: 56
Views: 56921

Re: Mingori

You are my guardian angel, Raffaella.

As Jim mentioned, you have helped me immensely with your presence here.

- Randy
by sumner
14 Jan 2005, 22:20

Raffaella: I have used the techniques you have suggested to learn a great deal about my ancestors born since 1806. BUt now I am going to have to make requests to the local parish in Boretto. I was wondering if you could help me with the Italian on a request for information on Francesco's grandfather...
by sumner
09 Dec 2004, 23:03

Grazie Raffaella. I had not realized that the date at the top was not necessarily the date of death until your translation. I guess that the other people listed in the record are simply neighbors or witnesses.

- Randy
by sumner
09 Dec 2004, 16:02

Rafaella: I ordered a microfilm of Boretto records from 1860-1865 since I knew I would find a birth record for Adelmo if nothing else. And I was surprised to find a death record for the father of Giovanni named Carlo Mingori. But I am having a tough time trying to understand the information in the r...
by sumner
01 Dec 2004, 21:28
Topic: Chiaro
Replies: 2
Views: 3649

Re: Chiaro

Grazie, Raffaella.
by sumner
01 Dec 2004, 15:43
Topic: Chiaro
Replies: 2
Views: 3649

Chiaro

I am curious if the given name Chiaro is a nickname or an actual proper name for a man. I found a man named Chiaro in a newpaper article that I believe could be a relative if it turns out that name is simply a nickname. I can't find a Chiaro in any legal records.
by sumner
09 Nov 2004, 05:33

I am not familiar with some of the names listed as children of Giovanni. So I was wondering if these names are male or female:

Adelmo

Diomira

Iraide

Artemia

Can anybody provide any assistance?
by sumner
08 Nov 2004, 15:53

Raffaella: I received a second e-mail from Boretto this morning. And as I suspected, it appears Giovanni did have a marriage before Antonia: ________________________________________________________ Oggetto: Mingori Giovanni – Boretto 28/10/1834 Con la presente si comunica quanto reperito dall...
by sumner
02 Nov 2004, 23:43

I have ordered some LDS microfilms for Boretto that might possibly answer these questions. Once again, I can't begin to tell you how much help you have been. Researching information in Italy is very different than here in the United States. I was lost before you came to my rescue.

Grazie.
by sumner
02 Nov 2004, 15:36

I received the Certificato Storico di Famiglia of Giovanni Mingori today by e-mail from Boretto. Here is the reply first followed by the attached document: In allegato si trasmette quanto reperito dalla consultazione dei registri di stato civile del Comune di Boretto. L'ufficiale d'anagrafe e di sta...
by sumner
01 Nov 2004, 19:28

I have sent the information to the Comuni Di Boretto. Hopefully that will help speed her research.

We hope to visit Italia some time soon. Perhaps when our two small children get just a little bit older so they will appreciate it more.
by sumner
01 Nov 2004, 06:31

I finally located Giovanni and his family in the 1900 US Federal Census in Kansas. And it offered some information that clears up many of my questions. The Mary Mingori listed in US records as Giovanni's wife is Antonia Dosi. She apparently chose to be called Mary while living in the United States. ...
by sumner
25 Oct 2004, 03:10

I am glad I was able to post the actual document. I'll try to do that again when I receive the Certificato Storico di Famiglia from Boretto. I am now trying to get in touch with some of the others who have researched Mingoris. I feel we may be able to connect nearly all of the Mingoris in America th...