Search found 4 matches

by gioalessi
05 Sep 2004, 03:42
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help please, with Italian word
Replies: 9
Views: 13531

Re: Help please, with Italian word

suanj wrote:ok, paizani is dialectal word , in italian just spelling is paesani, and means " inhabitants of the same city" city=paese, therefore "paesani" ok? suanj
bingo!! that's the meaning, and the word. thanks much !!

gio
by gioalessi
04 Sep 2004, 21:18

thankyou, hmmmm, has me confused. I also heard it in a song, someone being called 'your pizani', maybe I have the spelling wrong. Cannot find it anywhere in an Italian dictionary !! btw, I saw your post about New Orleans, that is where my grandfather's family came to from Palermo around 1880 ciao C...
by gioalessi
04 Sep 2004, 09:16

thankyou, hmmmm, has me confused. I also heard it in a song, someone being called 'your pizani', maybe I have the spelling wrong. Cannot find it anywhere in an Italian dictionary !!

btw, I saw your post about New Orleans, that is where my grandfather's family came to from Palermo around 1880

ciao
by gioalessi
04 Sep 2004, 08:40

Help please, with Italian word

Twice in the last few days, I have heard the word, "pizani' ... actually, I was called that. Didn't want to give away my complete and total ignorance, so I didn't ask what it meant- for all I know, I should have belted the old guy that called me that lolol so what does it mean, and do I have th...