Search found 36 matches

by swcolleen
28 Jan 2005, 15:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Trying to find Burgo and Sparola??? Dead end-please help!
Replies: 65
Views: 47197

Re: Trying to find Burgo and Sparola??? Dead end-please help

Trish Thanks for looking! That is in fact the correct Rosaria Lamarra. I was able to get a copy of the marriage certificate from Michele's youngest daughter the other day and on there where Michele signed his name it looks like Borio-we thought that odd but it looks like it was just his handwriting...
by swcolleen
25 Jan 2005, 18:17

Ok for my own sanity sake this thread has been good for me to keep track of some information. I spoke with my grandmothers younger sister today and she told me this information: She believed her mother (antonia) to have arrived at age 18 or 19 which would be 1908 or 1909 (give or take of course!) We...
by swcolleen
24 Jan 2005, 20:02

well i don't think its antonia is the woman in the picture of the four of them luigi wouldn't be married yet. i don't think tat other antonia is her either than since we know from her marriage certificate that her dad was nicolas...hmmm...do you think she could have come in under a different name???...
by swcolleen
24 Jan 2005, 19:22

OH and I think it was around 1907 (or what looked like 1907) she arrived based on a census we had-i will see if I can find where I found that....
by swcolleen
24 Jan 2005, 19:19

mfjp-I don't know if that one would work-do you think the height could be wrong? In the photo luigi and antonia look the same size but I guess he could have grown by the wedding too?? Really long shot but are you able to figure out anything ont he manifest for this one: 8) Pantone,Antonia Salandra, ...
by swcolleen
24 Jan 2005, 19:12

Thanks mfjp! Its definatly possible...Let me look over a few things...I think she was born in 1889 or 1890 according to the math but we do think she came over AFTER luigi, my grandmother always said he sent for her but we aren't sure. and Hamden NY-could it be CAMDEN NJ? That is where they ended up ...
by swcolleen
24 Jan 2005, 18:31

mfjp-you are so much better at reading those manifests than me! The problem I was running into was my grandmothers' cousin husband swearing they arrived as kids 9 and 11. Neither my mom or myself think that is true since according to my grandmother, michele came first then sent for luig-which accord...
by swcolleen
22 Jan 2005, 17:43

Thanks all. My mom and I agree with think they are different. I do know the one photo of the two is framed-my grandmother's sister has it. I scanned it in to make a print for my grandmother. The pic of the four of them my grandmothers cousin has, I don't know if she keeps it framed or not but I scan...
by swcolleen
22 Jan 2005, 04:41

Thanks wldspirit! That is what I am thinking. I think its tough with Luigi b/c he was younger than michele and so he could have aged but that woman is not antonia.

Thanks!
by swcolleen
22 Jan 2005, 03:39

Ok...so here are two photos, the one of TWO people IS Luigi and Antonia. The one of the FOUR is Michele and Rosaria's wedding and their witnesses. According to my grandmother's cousin, the photo of the FOUR is luigi, antonia, michele and rosaria. I am not convinced. If you ask me...I don't think it ...
by swcolleen
22 Jan 2005, 03:30

Thanks Trish! I appreciate the time you took to get the info. not sure if I wrote this or not because I just found this out today actually but I found out that Luigi and Michele's dad's name WAS Rocco! And their mother was Angela Latella. It seems Antonia Sferrolla's parents were Nicola (is that nic...
by swcolleen
22 Jan 2005, 02:32

Thanks Trish for the info. I beleive Luigi and Antoina to be married in Camden NJ in 1909 but I think that Michele Burgo and Rosaria Lamarra were married in Phila in 1906. If you are able to find them in your records that would be helpful too. I was just able to see (my grandmother's sister had it!)...
by swcolleen
21 Jan 2005, 18:42

Ok...so I have a friend in Italy who was able to translate the marriage certificate for me and I was able to come up with a few things that I think to be true now.... I think the name is Sferrolla. what I got from the marriage liscense is this: Church of Santa Maria del Carmine This document certifi...
by swcolleen
21 Jan 2005, 16:07

Thanks for checking out the pics.

peter- I will look into that website-thanks!

If anyone is interested I can post the entire marraige document. just let me know.

Colleen
by swcolleen
21 Jan 2005, 02:04

I can't figure out the photo thing but if you copy and paste the link you can see the image...

I am still not convinced about these brothers when they came over...I wonder if maybe they were orphaned at 9 and 11 but didn't come over right away? I just don't know..back to the books!