Search found 19 matches

by Sher
04 Feb 2008, 03:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pacella's from Sulmona or L'Aquilla, Abrruzzi, Ita
Replies: 4
Views: 8347

Re: Pacella's from Sulmona or L'Aquilla, Abrruzzi,

Hi Mark! Another town that you might want to look into is Pacentro. It's outside of Sulmona but is in the province of L'Aquila. My tree also includes Pacellas and we are from Pacentro. If you need any help, let me know!
by Sher
13 Jan 2008, 18:16
Topic: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
Replies: 30
Views: 45332

Re: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio

Good afternoon Louise! Sorry this has taken sooooo long in replying to, but something is wrong with my browser. Anyhow...Your grandmother Maria Concetta was not a sister to my g-grandfather Giuseppe. She however was his dirst cousin! :) I am 100% sure of that! Based on the info that I have, she was ...
by Sher
20 May 2006, 10:01
Topic: please help - Italian word
Replies: 1
Views: 2561

please help - Italian word

Hi everyone!

I've been reviewing some of the Italian birth records from the LDS and one particular word has me stumped. Does anyone know what "conjuge" means? At first, I thought "dead", but on some of my records the person isn't .

Thanks,
Sher
by Sher
02 Jan 2006, 11:04
Topic: birth certificate
Replies: 1
Views: 3414

birth certificate

I have been trying to locate my g-grandfather's, Vincenzo Bisconti, birth certificate (1887) for quite some time. I recently found his parents marriage certificate (1892) in Pianella, Italy. As you can see, he was born 5 years before they got married. However that is not my biggest problem. I found ...
by Sher
13 Mar 2005, 05:17

got the email a few minutes ago...the site allowed me right in...I guess part of my subscription includes the Boston passenger lists.

sher
by Sher
13 Mar 2005, 04:53

mfjp, I was recently told that during Musilinni's(sp.) time in Italy, Vitulazio & Bellona were made into one commue Villa Volturno. Named for the river that flowed by them. From the marriage certificate the date was December 6, 1906. Why were you hoping otherwise? If he had a middle name there i...
by Sher
12 Mar 2005, 04:40

sorry, didn't see your post
by Sher
12 Mar 2005, 04:39

I found her...Carmela! (Bear with me because I've never entered a link before) http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipmanifest.asp?MID=06832121700249746944&FNM=C&LNM=SCIALDONE&PLNM=SCIALDONE&CGD=F&first_kind=1&last_kind=0&town_kind=0&ship_kind=0&RF=4&pID=102387...
by Sher
12 Mar 2005, 04:11

mfjp, I have been searching for the manifest that contained both Angela and Giuseppe for almost a year. You did it in a matter of minutes! Thank you. I have a passenger record from ellis island for Giuseppe Scialdone (my g-grandfather) arriving on November 17, 1899 to visit his brother Lorenzo in Hi...
by Sher
12 Mar 2005, 03:58

oh my God, you're amazing! :lol: They really did have family... not sure if you have seen this manifest... I have never...I checked the Boston passenger records through Ancestry.com and those never came up! The first manifest for Carmela...http://img149.exs.cx/img149/9677/carmela2jf.jpg next to the ...
by Sher
12 Mar 2005, 01:54

mfjp, as far as I can tell they settled in the Hillsville/New Castle, PA area (Alliquippa also). However, they did supposedly have family (Guiseppe's sister, Carmela (Scialdone) Giordano) who settled in the Boston, Mass. I just can't figure out which other relatives they were!! :cry: Still going thr...
by Sher
08 Mar 2005, 01:50

I have found a few of my great-grandfather's family in the New Castle area, as well as some of my graet-grandmother's.

Who might your ancestors be?

It is always exciting to find a possible family connection!
by Sher
26 Feb 2005, 21:08
Topic: At a dead end
Replies: 20
Views: 15549

Re: At a dead end

The family lived and worked in both Dawson and Raton (10 miles away), New Mexico. To my understanding they were masons. As for the "step-children" in 1930, Vincenzo's wife was previously married to Carlo Ramunno, who died in the Dawson coalmine explosion in 1913. When he died, my greatgran...
by Sher
26 Feb 2005, 17:18

Re: At a dead end

Hi everyone! I have his passenger record from Ellis Island arriving in 1906 to visit his "uncle" Francesco in New Mexico. I can't find anything on him from that point until the 1920 and 1930 census living in Lowellville, Ohio, with wife Michelina & children (1920 listed his last name a...
by Sher
26 Feb 2005, 03:02

At a dead end

I've been searching for my great-grandfather, Vincenzo Bisconti, for quite a while now. Unfortunately, I can find almost nothing!! According to my grandmother, she was told that her father, Vincenzo, was born in Pianella, Italy in 1887. He left home at a young age (14 I think) and made his way to Fr...