Search found 801 matches

by JamesBianco
15 Mar 2012, 20:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Santaniello surname from Quindici Avellino
Replies: 5
Views: 5957

Re: Santaniello surname from Quindici Avellino

Hello, what a memory! I did upload quite a few Quindici Marriages from the 1877-1899 period, for the surnames I was working on. It can be found here: http://www.mofrad.net/Quindici.html If you see one of interest, click on the # to the right and it will bring you to a scan of the original marriage. ...
by JamesBianco
14 Apr 2011, 00:56
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Best DNA Testing Company?
Replies: 6
Views: 5085

Re: Best DNA Testing Company?

I did some research and found Familytreedna (appears) to be one of the most respected of them all. I just ordered the Super DNA test.. this is what it says: Comprehensive Genome Close info... For males only. This is the combination Family Finder, plus a male specific Y-chromosome test and a Full Mit...
by JamesBianco
13 Apr 2011, 23:26

Re: Best DNA Testing Company?

Thanks Squigy and Cargor, I think I will go for the 111 marker test! I just wonder what sort of information that will give. I did the Sorensen free DNA test for my mtdna but have no idea what the results mean.

Would you say the company FAMILYTREEDNA helps you understand the results adequately?
by JamesBianco
13 Apr 2011, 18:21

Best DNA Testing Company?

I was wondering for those of you who have submitted swabs for DNA testing, which company would be the largest and/or most respectable? I decided I really want to do this, and would love to hear any experiences anyone might have.

Thanks!
by JamesBianco
13 Oct 2010, 15:10
Topic: Trayna from Italy lived in New York
Replies: 19
Views: 10967

Re: Trayna from Italy lived in New York

I found his (Vito's) baptism in Prizzi 7 Dec 1879, son of Girolamo Traina (son of Vito) and his wife Giovanna Randazzo (daughter of Alfonso). I also found Girolamo's rather detailed marriage entry 6 February 1861 to Giovanna Randazzo I can email them to you if you send me an email with yours to: jam...
by JamesBianco
12 Oct 2010, 15:01

Depending on the time frame you are working with, the indexes might be by the first name of the subject, or after about 1820 by surname. Each book will contain an alphabetical index at either the beginning or the end. The index is not in alphabetical order, but rather (typically) sequential by page....
by JamesBianco
11 Oct 2010, 13:09

If your ancestor does prove to be from Prizzi, the LDS church have put all the Baptism, Marriage and Burial records online here... from 1566 to 1911

They are the original church record images, they've done a lot for Provincia di Palermo.

Prizzi, Provincia di Palermo
by JamesBianco
25 Aug 2010, 12:53
Topic: Scalise - Puccio
Views: 13361

Re: Scalise - Puccio

Just as a point of interest, I have scanned hundreds of pages of civil marriages from 1810 to 1860 for Serrastretta, and Cathy N. has them all uploaded on her website here: Serrastretta Civil Records When you get that far back I am sure they will be of use to you. I am stuck on my Scalise great-gran...
by JamesBianco
22 Jun 2010, 14:39
Topic: What are the chances .. Italian Nobility
Replies: 3
Views: 3998

What are the chances .. Italian Nobility

I recently hired a researcher (Joe diSimone) to go to the church where my great-great grandmother was born and try to get further back. The church allowed him in ( Crispano , Provincia Napoli ) and he was able to copy some amazing images of the registers regarding my ancestors. One of the surnames h...
by JamesBianco
02 Jun 2010, 23:58
Topic: ancestry. com Potenza, Basilicata records
Views: 24797

Re: ancestry. com Potenza, Basilicata records

They are really doing an amazing job with Italy, I love my Ancestry World membership! These 1866-1938 original images are not even available through the LDS church.
by JamesBianco
23 May 2010, 13:42
Topic: Can someone explain first, second, third,removed cousins?
Replies: 8
Views: 5730

Re: Can someone explain first, second, third,removed cousins

Because your children are of a different generation than your cousin they are called "removed". Your 1st cousin's children and your children would be 2nd cousins. In the same way that the children of your grandfather's brother would be a 1st cousin to your parent, yet a 1st cousin once rem...
by JamesBianco
24 Apr 2010, 18:10
Topic: Does this annoy anyone else?
Replies: 93
Views: 60983

Re: Does this annoy anyone else?

I enjoyed it actually... it's worth watching. I had no idea Susan had Italian roots.
by JamesBianco
12 Apr 2010, 20:59
Topic: Is my BF lieing? (pics)
Replies: 15
Views: 9864

Re: Is my BF lieing? (pics)

my mother has natural red/auburn hair and her sister was blond with blue eyes. She is half Calabrese and half from the north (Belluno)

I'd say it's very possible!
by JamesBianco
31 Mar 2010, 23:30
Topic: Camporeale Records
Replies: 4
Views: 3877

Re: Camporeale Records

All you have to do is find a local LDS Family History Center and order the microfilms. It is just short of $4.00 per film usually and that holds them for a month. Generally takes 3 weeks to come in.
by JamesBianco
31 Mar 2010, 20:54
Topic: Does this annoy anyone else?
Replies: 93
Views: 60983

Re: Does this annoy anyone else?

Why do we have people **SPAM** items on this forum? I am finding it very annoying that most of us are doing Italian genealogy and are trying help others with it and now we have people advertising items for sale on this forum. These are the people who should be bounced off of this forum. Craigslist....