Search found 88 matches

by Xaymara
17 Jul 2014, 15:44
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Overcoming the 1948 Rule
Replies: 18
Views: 8904

Re: Overcoming the 1948 Rule

Three years ago during my citizenship process I wrote twice to the commune of Palermo requesting a birth certificate and a negativo/positivo letter and both times it took less than a month to receive the docs. Last year I visited the vital records office in Palermo with my cousin and filled the pape...
by Xaymara
26 Nov 2013, 15:52
Topic: Citizenship through marriage, time req cut in half w/ child?
Replies: 2
Views: 1592

Re: Citizenship through marriage, time req cut in half w/ ch

Your Italian citizenship must first be recognized by your consulate - and your marriage registered at the comune - before your husband can apply for citizenship by marriage. His application will be processed at the Ministry of Internal Affairs in Rome and it can take up to 2 years.
by Xaymara
01 Jul 2013, 16:29
Topic: No reply from provincial office?
Replies: 3
Views: 1988

Re: No reply from provincial office?

I sent you a PM with a local contact in Trivigno.
by Xaymara
23 May 2013, 02:31
Topic: A Poll - Where was your appt / how long until notification
Replies: 14
Views: 7602

Re: A Poll - Where was your appt / how long until notificati

>What consulate did you apply at? September 2011 at Los Angeles >How long did you wait for your initial appointment? 4 months >How long after your final appointment did you hear about the success/failure of your application? Received recognition letter on March 2012, got my Italian passport May 2012.
by Xaymara
18 Sep 2012, 17:56
Topic: Jure Sanguinis Application
Replies: 8
Views: 5520

Re: Jure Sanguinis Application

I will be using the consulate in Los Angeles. Should I make an appointment before I have all of the documents. I called on May 2011 to schedule an appointment before having most of my documents. My appointment date was September 2011. I was able to have it all ready in 3 months mostly because I had...
by Xaymara
01 Apr 2012, 18:50
Topic: Research for a book
Replies: 5
Views: 2117

Re: Research for a book

Try this link: http://www.worldcat.org/title/twenty-eighth-division-pennsylvanias-guard-in-the-world-war-forewards-by-the-commanding-generals-the-history-of-the-keystone-or-iron-division-in-the-world-war-also-the-history-and-traditions-of-the-pennsylvania-national-guard-and-its-predecessor-the-penns...
by Xaymara
31 Mar 2012, 19:49
Topic: Research for a book
Views: 2117

Re: Research for a book

Is this the book you're looking for: The Twenty-eighth division : Pennsylvania's guard in the world war; forewards by the commanding generals. The history of the Keystone or Iron division in the world war. Also the history and traditions of the Pennsylvania national guard and its predecessor the Pen...
by Xaymara
16 Mar 2012, 18:05
Topic: Los Angeles Appointment Recap
Replies: 11
Views: 4753

Re: Los Angeles Appointment Recap

Wait time she said will be one year. I've read that there are people still waiting after 15 months and that Raffaella has a new assistant starting next month. Maybe the process will speed up soon after October. Just wanted to report that processing time has been cut significantly at the LA consulat...
by Xaymara
07 Mar 2012, 17:58
Topic: Presentation of Documents to Consulate
Views: 1937

Re: Presentation of Documents to Consulate

tlisti wrote:But when do they ask for Naturalization info.?
I was asked for the Nat. Cert. right after presenting my Italian-born ascendant's birth record. My appointment was last September in Los Angeles. I had all my docs organized in the same way as italiangal.
by Xaymara
02 Mar 2012, 17:21
Topic: health cover in Europe
Replies: 58
Views: 26205

Re: health cover in Europe

In Spain it's called Tarjeta Sanitaria.
by Xaymara
13 Jan 2012, 18:07

The "M" should be "Me". I applied for recognition under Category 3 and per the consulate's requirements, I had to have birth certificates of my grandmother and mother (non-Italian line). At the appointment Raffaella didn't ask to see any of my non-Italian line documents. She didn...
by Xaymara
10 Jan 2012, 19:05

Dennis, I'll try to answer all your questions based on my experience with LA but please check the links that I'll be posting for additional info. I am primarily concerned about how lenient LA might be regarding a few name discrepancies of my documents. I emailed the consulate with specific questions...
by Xaymara
09 Jan 2012, 16:35

Dennis, just saw your message. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
by Xaymara
20 Nov 2011, 01:47
Topic: Whats the going rate?
Replies: 2
Views: 1283

Re: Whats the going rate?

Anna Maria Vega, from the list of translators of the Miami consulate, did mine and I paid $25.00 per page. I had my appointment last September with the LA consulate. Except for my husband's birth certificate, I wasn't asked for any docs on the non-Italian side although I had them ready with apostill...