Search found 5 matches

by heggieq
30 Oct 2007, 21:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: NYC/Italian genealogy research
Replies: 3
Views: 5053

NYC/Italian genealogy research

What are the best places to visit in NYC to trace your Italian ancestors? I don't mean necesarily the New York Public Library or Vital Records - more like fraternal organizations, church groups, historical societies, etc. Any leads from any borough much appreciated!
by heggieq
11 Feb 2005, 15:58
Topic: Facinella surname
Replies: 1
Views: 2972

Facinella surname

Hi there, I recently posted about my gggrandfather, Anthony Faggiani, who came over from Italy around 1855 and settled in Brooklyn. I just received his death certificate in the mail, and it seems his mother's maiden name was Facinella. I've never heard the name Facinella--I think I've heard of Facin...
by heggieq
26 Jan 2005, 21:22
Topic: Info on Faggiani family in Brooklyn/Staten Island?
Replies: 19
Views: 21103

Re: Info on Faggiani family in Brooklyn/Staten Island?

I think what he meant was that on his original posting he put the wrong web address.

Thanks to everyone for writing. And so promptly! I haven't has as good luck on other forums.

It's killing me that I can't do the research right now because I'm at work! (shhh)
by heggieq
26 Jan 2005, 19:06

Re: Info on Faggiani family in Brooklyn/Staten Island?

Thanks everyone for your help! All good stuff. And yes, one of the troubles I had encountered was that some records said Antonio Faggiani was from Paloma, Italy (which I don't think exists anymore, if it ever did), and Palermo, Italy (not Sicily). The reason I say Italy is because they differentiate...
by heggieq
26 Jan 2005, 03:18

Info on Faggiani family in Brooklyn/Staten Island?

Hi there, I'm looking for information on my gggrandfather, Antonio Faggiani. He was born around 1847 in either Italy or Sicily, and emigrated to NYC around 1857. He also fought in the Civil War under the pseudonym George Tomaselli. (I believe he did this because he was only 15 when he enlisted and d...