Search found 13 matches

by danezeeox
04 Oct 2008, 14:29
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: help translating italian (just a sentence!)
Replies: 19
Views: 16001

help translating italian (just a sentence!)

hi everyone,

A probable relative in italy acutally emailed me, but I have no idea what this means. Every time I put it in a translator, it doesn't come out making any sense. Could anyone help me, please?

"Come mai non ti sei più fatta viva?"

Thanks!
by danezeeox
27 Aug 2008, 14:08
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Naturalization for Raffaele Pesce
Replies: 3
Views: 3493

Naturalization for Raffaele Pesce

Hi, everyone: I've found a ship manifest that says Raffaele Pesce was naturalized in Pottsville 10-13-1920. However, I cannot find the actual petition for naturalization record anywhere. If anyone has any ideas or can find it, I'd really appreciate it. He was born in 1881, and the petition would be ...
by danezeeox
26 Aug 2008, 02:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificate - Croce?
Replies: 5
Views: 4659

Re: Birth Certificate - Croce?

Why would it only be listed as simply "Croce," not Croce Pesce?
by danezeeox
26 Aug 2008, 02:07
Topic: Help Translating Letter to Italy
Replies: 7
Views: 6474

Re: Help Translating Letter to Italy

I assumed it would because my great-grandfather requested his birth certificate from there. Also, my neighbor is conducting his research and tried this. I figured it would just be worth a shot. Do you disagree?
by danezeeox
25 Aug 2008, 23:47
Topic: Birth Certificate - Croce?
Replies: 5
Views: 4659

Birth Certificate - Croce?

I was not sure the correct forum to post this question, so if this is wrong, I apologize. I have obtained a birth certificate for my great-grandfather. He actually has two that he requested while here in America. (I am not sure why he requested two - he obviously didn't lose the first one if my gran...
by danezeeox
25 Aug 2008, 23:44
Topic: Help Translating Letter to Italy
Replies: 7
Views: 6474

Help Translating Letter to Italy

Experts: I've tried using some of the form letter websites you have posted, but I want to add some extra lines to my letter and I just would like everything to be correct. If it is possible, could anyone translate the following letter into Italian? I'd appreciate it. Dear Sir or Madam: My name is Da...
by danezeeox
14 Aug 2008, 16:23
Topic: Surnames Pesce, D'Imperio, Giacobello
Replies: 4
Views: 5167

Re: Surnames Pesce, D'Imperio, Giacobello

Thank you both very much for your help!

Laura, at what website would I be able to obtain the information you did? Or be able to see where Raffaele Pesce's parents were from like you did?
by danezeeox
13 Aug 2008, 04:42
Topic: Surnames Pesce, D'Imperio, Giacobello
Replies: 4
Views: 5167

Surnames Pesce, D'Imperio, Giacobello

I am looking for any information I can find about my ancestors. My grandmother's father, Raffaele Pesce, was from Tollo, Chiete. While I can find three records of him traveling to the U.S., I cannot find any record of him enrolling in the army like I was told he did. Also, I am unsure of his parents...
by danezeeox
25 Jul 2005, 08:09
Topic: birth certificate question
Replies: 2
Views: 6577

birth certificate question

hey everyone- question: why would someone who has been in america for over thirty years want his birth certificate sent to him? in 1953 , raffaele pesce requested a birth ceritficate from his town chiete, tollo. we are not sure why, and i was wondering if anyone else cuold think of a reason. not onl...
by danezeeox
22 Jun 2005, 19:40
Topic: Pesce/Ciccotelli
Replies: 8
Views: 8498

Re: Pesce/Ciccotelli

Thanks for your help everyone!
by danezeeox
21 Jun 2005, 01:27
Topic: Pesce/Ciccotelli
Replies: 8
Views: 8498

Pesce/Ciccotelli

Hey -- My name is Dana Giacobello, I'm a student researching my Italian ancestry. I was wondering if anyone had, or wanted to find information on: Maria (also Mary) Ciccotelli (Ciccotelli is her maiden name, Pesce is her married name.) She was born in Chiete, Italy and married: Raffaele Pesce. He ma...
by danezeeox
21 Jun 2005, 01:20
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Passenger Lists
Replies: 1
Views: 3098

Passenger Lists

Hey everyone --
My name is Dana and I'm researching my Italian ancestry (obviously). I was wondering if anyone reading this had a passenger list for the Taormina, traveled from Italy to Ellis Island in September, 1921. Please let me know.
Thanks--
Dana
by danezeeox
21 Jun 2005, 01:14
Topic: Passenger Lists
Replies: 3
Views: 3363

Passenger Lists

Hey everyone--
I'm new to this site, and a little new to researching my Italian genealogy. I'm 100% Italian, and am currently looking for a passenger list of the Taormina, in 1921. Does anyone have this list, or know somewhere I could search for it? Please respond!
Thanks --
Dana