Search found 6 matches

by jfmusso
14 May 2009, 03:34
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help translating a few lines of Italian Birth Act
Replies: 3
Views: 4287

Re: Help translating a few lines of Italian Birth Act

... Is it an explanation for the father's absence when the baby is presented to the mayor? Yes you're correct. The quality of the picture is very poor an I was not able to understand all the words. "La dichiarante ha denunciato la nascita suddetta per avere nella suindicata sua qualità presta...
by jfmusso
13 May 2009, 02:01
Topic: Help translating a few lines of Italian Birth Act
Replies: 3
Views: 4287

Help translating a few lines of Italian Birth Act

Would be grateful for assistance reading and interpreting five lines of handwritten text from the attached Civil Birth Act from Palazzo Adriano, Sicily. They appear immediately following the sentence describing the two witnesses. The lines in question begin, "La dichiarante ha denunciata...&quo...
by jfmusso
23 Aug 2005, 08:04
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: chiusa selef
Replies: 4
Views: 5428

chiusa selef

Has anybody heard of a small town in Sicily called Chiusa Selef? I've been unable to locate it on maps. It shows up in an immigration document on Ancestry.com as the hometown of a man arriving in New Orleans by ship between 1905 and 1910. I've been told that when "Chiusa" appears as the fi...
by jfmusso
08 Aug 2005, 00:41
Topic: Michele Amari
Replies: 1
Views: 3310

Michele Amari

I'm doing some historical research on the Muslim period of Sicilian history, and the most authoritative study seems to be Michele Amari's "Storia dei Musulmani di Sicilia." Apparently, it has only been published in Italian. Do I have any options other than learning Italian?

Jim Musso
by jfmusso
08 Aug 2005, 00:32
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: The town of Musso
Replies: 0
Views: 3180

The town of Musso

Does anybody know how I might go about discovering the origins of the town of Musso in the province of Como? I've searched the internet and found some info on the town, but nothing concerning its origin.

Jim Musso
by jfmusso
05 Jul 2005, 08:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Musso - Bivona
Replies: 11
Views: 10290

Re: Musso - Bivona

My grandfather, Frank Musso, was born in 1894 in the Province of Palermo. He emigrated to the U.S. at a young age (exactly when I haven't found out yet), arriving in New Orleans. He died in 1949 in Chicago, Illinois. I'm just starting to do some genealogical research and dna testing of myself, which...