by terryann55
28 Jul 2014, 19:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: looking for my grandfathers birth certificate or bith place
Replies: 27
Views: 14946

Re: looking for my grandfathers birth certificate or bith pl

Dear Suanj,
I wanted to thank you for your help, you were correct my grandfather was from Scilla, we have located his birth certificate and his family in Scilla.
Without your help we would have still be searching.
Thanks,
Terry Mollica
by terryann55
25 Sep 2012, 15:08

Dear Suanj,
Do you think that there is a chance of finding carmine birth certificate? Do you do that kind of work? And How much would you
charge.
Best Regards
Terry Mollica
by terryann55
23 Jul 2012, 18:19

Dear Suanj, I believe that you are right, I have ordered the microfirm for LDS, and I will look for him. If that doesn't work I will try to go to the town of Scilla to try to find it. Even though I have been looking for so long, I'm not going to give up. Thank you so much, I will let you know what I...
by terryann55
23 Jul 2012, 13:49

Dear Suanj, I'm sorry I didn't realize that the marriage records were for the same person. Because my father was only 5 when he was murdered and they lived on 105th st in Harlem, that is the only information we have. But if the birth dates were wrong than it makes sence what you are saying. So I wil...
by terryann55
21 Jul 2012, 16:18

Dear Suanj, After talking to my brother he thinks that the carmelo and Salvatore that came from San Fartello was our ancestor, because my grandfather lived and was killed on 108th st. And my father also grew up there. Perhaps they told him that his father was from Reggio because of the gang wars. My...
by terryann55
21 Jul 2012, 13:47

Dear Suanj, Thank you so much for your help. Maybe this could be the carmine I am looking for. Do you know how I would go about trying to find his birth certificate. On his death certificate it says that he was 34 when he died in 1915, I am not sure. However I know that he never married my grandmoth...
by terryann55
12 Jul 2012, 13:38

Dear Suanj, You have the right Carmelo born around 1878,And the cenus is right, my father was Frank he was 1 year old at the time. Carmelo never married Ana Rose, but they lived together. He was married when he arrived per ellis island report. All except for my father frank, the other children were ...
by terryann55
10 Jul 2012, 19:06

Help!! I am still looking for my grandfather carmelo mollica birth certificate, his place of birth anything. The only thing I can find is his ellis island arrival and his death certificate. Is there anyone who can help find his place of birth with such little information?
by terryann55
04 Aug 2005, 22:29

I think you may be right Gusippe and Rosa did not come to New york.
Maybe that is why I can't find them. I tried to find when carmelo and rosa were married by I find no record.
by terryann55
04 Aug 2005, 22:19

suanj, my grandmother was married in italy her name was a. rosa montana she had 3 children with her 1st husband. However I do not know Michele at all my father never mentioned a brother. I also believe that my grandfather and grandmother never married. My grandmother died when my father was 18, my m...
by terryann55
04 Aug 2005, 22:04

Answer to more: I am not sure if rosa or Giuseppe were here, my mother says she thinks his father was in new york. that where the search ends. Terry
by terryann55
04 Aug 2005, 21:57

Hi suanj,

Your point # 1 I believe to be my grandfather, because my grandmothers name was rosa and my father was born in 1909 his name was frank. I can't find anything else. I have his death certificate he was killed in 1915.

thank you
Terry
by terryann55
04 Aug 2005, 19:35

looking for my grandfathers birth certificate or bith place

My grandfather name is carmelo mollica, he arrived in new york around 1905. I think he came from sanFratello (although my father always claim he was from reggie calabria) he was spprox 25 when he arrived. he died 10 years later in new york. he death certificate say only that he was in NY for 10 year...