Search found 9 matches

by Abbagirl
26 Sep 2005, 21:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Obtaining birth, death and Marriage Certificates
Replies: 3
Views: 4232

Obtaining birth, death and Marriage Certificates

Ok. I am at the point of obtaining certificates for my Abbamonte family members who were born, married, died in Salvitelle.

Is it so that each one cost around $100????
Is there a good book anyone can recommend to learn how to do this correctly?
thank you.
Joyce
by Abbagirl
22 Sep 2005, 08:23
Topic: Where do I go from here?
Replies: 5
Views: 4677

Re: Where do I go from here?

Debbie and Trish,
Thank you so much for your help.
I will get started soon.
I just get consumed and do nothing else. I love it!
Im sure Ill need your help again sometime.
Joyce
by Abbagirl
22 Sep 2005, 02:52

Re: Where do I go from here?

Thank you Debbie for the quick response. I believe I was misleading. 7 generations means from My grandson on down. Her are the names I have from Salvitelle: My great grandfather was Silvio Abbamonte ( I believe he had a brother named Salvatore. the confusion comes in because I think silvios middle n...
by Abbagirl
22 Sep 2005, 00:00

Where do I go from here?

I thought I found so much... but after joining this site I see I need to go on... but what do I do next? I have traced my Abbamonte family back 7 generations... have most birth,marriage and death dates but no documents. My family is from Salvitelle. I only speak english ( but trying to learn italian...
by Abbagirl
19 Sep 2005, 17:07
Topic: Family name \"Abbamonte\"
Replies: 6
Views: 11586

Re: Family name "Abbamonte"

Thank you so much for responding. Our family is that family. Oreste Abbamonte still lives in Harlem. On 116th st. I did call and speak to the wife. I believe her name is Catherine.( have to look it up) Mabye Michele was their daughter. They are distant cousins. OUr family was from Salvitelle. What e...
by Abbagirl
18 Sep 2005, 02:27
Topic: Family name \"Abbamonte\"
Replies: 6
Views: 11586

Re: Family name "Abbamonte"

Imagine,,,over two years later I am responding to this post! I have done extensive research on the Abbamonte family from Salvitelle. I am going to try and write these families in Italy. I have been known to call many surnames in the states but know no Italian. Can I guess most Italians know a little...
by Abbagirl
18 Sep 2005, 02:04
Topic: Puleri/Borzella
Replies: 14
Views: 9908

Re: great information

Wow this site is great. I just joined. I have been researching my famiy: Abbamonte from Salvitelle for over 5 years. It has taken me that long to verify all information. I am now ready to go the next step and try to secure documents. I have ALL birth, marriage and death dates. I am going to start wi...
by Abbagirl
18 Sep 2005, 02:04

Wow this site is great. I just joined. I have been researching my famiy: Abbamonte from Salvitelle for over 5 years. It has taken me that long to verify all information. I am now ready to go the next step and try to secure documents. I have ALL birth, marriage and death dates. I am going to start wi...
by Abbagirl
18 Sep 2005, 02:03