Search found 29 matches

by pangeli
01 Jun 2009, 22:03
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: name & address of the cemetery in Bettolle, Italy
Replies: 3
Views: 4298

Re: name & address of the cemetery in Bettolle, Italy

The information you provide about cemetery policy is very helpful. My direct ancestors have a masoleum erected in the cemetery. I want to obtain the names of the ancestors who are buried inside this structure. They were well-off financially. So I am still seeking the name and address of the cemetery...
by pangeli
31 May 2009, 18:43
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: name & address of the cemetery in Bettolle, Italy
Replies: 3
Views: 4298

name & address of the cemetery in Bettolle, Italy

I need the name & address of the cemetery in Bettolle, Italy. Bettolle is a hamlet of Sinalunga, Italy which is in the county of Siena in the Tuscany region. Also if you know the person I would address correspondence to at the cemetery. thanks
by pangeli
07 May 2006, 22:10
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: size of attachment
Replies: 1
Views: 4119

size of attachment

I have been unsuccessful posting an attachment because the error message states it is too large. How do I manipulate it to get an acceptable size I havw used image shack
by pangeli
25 Apr 2006, 02:09
Topic: Italian names
Replies: 10
Views: 10002

Re: Italian names

The address is on your website under services
by pangeli
24 Apr 2006, 22:22

Hi, I attempted to e-mail your at your business address yesterday and it was returned no such address. The address I used was incipitss@gmail.it. Please send me the correct e-mail or another address so I can submit for an estimate research in the Firenze area. Thanks patricia Angeli
by pangeli
21 Apr 2006, 02:18

Thanks again. I have a question about surnames that are very similar. My father's surname in Italy is Agnoloni from Tuscany region. There is also a surname Angeloni from this same region. Would these names represent the same family in ancient times? I ask this because my mother's surname is Pinney. ...
by pangeli
20 Apr 2006, 17:26

Thank you your answer is really informative. I assume that arcangiolo and angiolo are also the same name but the arc version is older. Am I correct? Patricia
by pangeli
20 Apr 2006, 04:36

Italian names

I have documents that list an ancestor's given name as GioBatta on same documents and GioBattista on other documents. Is GioBatta short for GioBattista? Thanks
by pangeli
19 Jan 2006, 19:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: orphans & illegitimate children in italy 1850
Replies: 36
Views: 58068

Re: orphans & illegitimate children in italy 1850

What years are you looking for. I have had good luck with the towns that I have requested info from. Also the few churches that I have contacted have also been responsive. In fact, the last town and last church provided me far more info than I requested. First, I would suggest that you first determi...
by pangeli
14 Jan 2006, 20:29

It is my understanding that the illegitimate child was not given a nobility name but rather the unwed mother/family sometimes explained the illegimate birth by reporting that the father was a person of nobility. I consider the naming of illegitimate children to be an important topic for those intere...
by pangeli
14 Jan 2006, 03:32

I've read and have been told that many of these foundlings were given "names of Noblity" after being adopted. Who decided on these names? Was it the adoptive family, the levatrice or the mayor? Or was it just arbitrary? I'm sure these naming practices led to several family legends that cl...
by pangeli
13 Jan 2006, 19:40

If the infant was not adopted then either placed in a foster home or orphanage why would the town where the child was abandoned differ from the town wherein the infant was placed? Also was there an age when the town would no longer be financially responsible for the child? Thank you again for the in...
by pangeli
13 Jan 2006, 10:15

orphans & illegitimate children in italy 1850

Does anyone know who cared for babies who were foundlings in the 1850s in the Tuscany region if they were not adopted? Were there orphanages or foster homes in existence at this time? thanks for any info
by pangeli
09 Jan 2006, 04:28
Topic: marriage certificate headings
Replies: 1
Views: 3758

marriage certificate headings

http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/5395 ... 0066gy.jpg

Please translate the heading categories; POPOLO ETC AND COMUNITA ETC

Thanks again patricia
by pangeli
09 Jan 2006, 02:09
Topic: name of bride's father on marriage certificate
Replies: 4
Views: 5977

Re: name of bride's father on marriage certificate

Thank you. I looked up some italian names that begin with M and found Minna short for domenica could this be a possibility? Does this mean that Allesandra was illegitimate? patrica