Search found 56 matches

by Nunsiata
01 Mar 2007, 18:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Boarders??
Replies: 14
Views: 7814

Re: Boarders??

I have an Innocenzo turned James. I have always wondered where he got that from and where's the logic!

N
by Nunsiata
01 Mar 2007, 02:48
Topic: Info on DiGeronimo's.... Help me find the missing link
Replies: 38
Views: 39212

Re: Info on DiGeronimo's.... Help me find the missing l

Hi ddiger: I am a DiGeronimo also, born and raised in Montclair, NJ. If you are from there - or know people who are - you know that our family name is a very popular one in that town and in Essex County in general. My great-grandfather was also Angelo, though unfortunately not your Angelo. Anyway, a...
by Nunsiata
10 Aug 2006, 23:35
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Palermo, Sicily
Replies: 13
Views: 16560

Re: Palermo, Sicily

Hi Mike. Sorry to take so long to reply. I don't get to visit the forum as often as I used to! Anything you can find on the records would be appreciated. My great-grandparents came to the US in the mid-1890s under circumstances that were never discussed. All of their children are now dead - the last...
by Nunsiata
10 Aug 2006, 22:24
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Happy Birthday Nuccia
Replies: 22
Views: 18647

Re: Happy Birthday Nuccia

Nuccia - I missed it by one day!
Happy, Happy Birthday to you!
I wish you health, happiness and the best life has to offer!

Love,
N
by Nunsiata
22 Jun 2006, 03:44
Topic: Di Geronimo & Quatrale Families from Lacedonia, AV, Camp
Replies: 35
Views: 36235

Re: Di Geronimo & Quatrale Families from Lacedonia, AV,

Hello to all my friends at Italian Genealogy! I apologize for not being able to check the posts for a couple of weeks. I changed jobs - took a few days off in between - and I don't have the internet at home. Now, I'm working too hard to spend much time on the computer! Anyway, thanks to Lisa, JCSM &...
by Nunsiata
01 Jun 2006, 22:06

Lisa - where did you get that manifest info? I just checked the Ellis and Castle Garden sites and came up with nothing. I'd really like to see it, if you can let me know. Thanks.

N :D
by Nunsiata
01 Jun 2006, 21:52

Thanks so much, Lisa. I truly appreciate your fine sleuthing skills! I also appreciate your offer to check Ancestry for me - I won't take advantage! Very interesting information in the manifest. I didn't even think that Angelo - my great-grandfather - could have traveled with relatives. I really kno...
by Nunsiata
01 Jun 2006, 03:30

Oh, my mistake. I don't have a subscription to Ancestry. I'll have to get to the library one of these days. Thanks anyway!

N
by Nunsiata
01 Jun 2006, 02:41

Thank you! I'm slow at work today and will give it a shot.

N
by Nunsiata
31 May 2006, 19:51

Hi, Lisa - No, nothing has materialized since last we spoke. I am still going to persevere and will post when I find something. Thanks for thinking of me! To Shroud: What street is it in Montclair? I don't know if you are from there, but a lot of people from Lacedonia - or from Avellino in general -...
by Nunsiata
24 May 2006, 04:16
Topic: Funny
Replies: 62
Views: 37171

Re: Funny

Emmy's post reminded me of something my Grandmother used to do with us when we were little: She'd take us to the park and we would all pull up the dandelion leaves before they would flower. We would go home with a bag full and she would soak them, rinse them, then scramble them with eggs to make wha...
by Nunsiata
19 May 2006, 02:59
Topic: Funny
Replies: 62
Views: 37171

Re: Funny

You're right about the age thing! My Grandmother is one of thirteen kids - nine boys and four girls. All the boys died in their 60's - but all the girls lived to over 100 - 101, 104 & 102. Now, my Grandmother is the only one left - she's 97 and still mows her own lawn. My expectations are very h...
by Nunsiata
19 May 2006, 02:42

Thank you all for your efforts. Much appreciated! Unfortunately, that's not my grandpa - although I do agree that his name must be mis-spelled somewhere. Lisa, I had thought about him living with the Quadrels. My information from my grandmother - recently deceased - is that he lived in an apartment,...
by Nunsiata
18 May 2006, 04:30

If you don't mind I'll tell you a story about this Grandfather and how he came to America. When his father Angelo went home to find a wife, he had only one objective: to go back to his home in America. He was very upfront with his potential mates: They had to go back with him. But, after he married ...
by Nunsiata
18 May 2006, 04:10

Hi Girls!
Michael was born in 1907 and in 1930 he was single and living in Montclair, NJ. He didn't marry until 1934.
Love you guys!
N