Localities: Phoenix, Maricopa, Arizona
by ditota
24 Jun 2009, 21:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Liberatore Family!
Replies: 34
Views: 30056

Re: Looking for Liberatore Family!

Passenger's Name: Liberatore, Lucia Age: 31 Gender: Female Occupation: Wife Literate: Unknown Village/Last Residence: Unknown Country: Italy Date of Arrival: Nov. 17, 1890 Final Destination: New York Purpose for Travel: Staying in USA, but not a citizen of USA Ship's Name: Unknown Captain's Name: Un...
by ditota
24 Jun 2009, 20:47
Topic: Looking for Liberatore Family!
Replies: 34
Views: 30056

Re: Looking for Liberatore Family!

All on the same ship: Passenger's Name: Liberatore, Antonio Age: 35 Gender: Male Occupation: Laborer Literate: Unknown Village/Last Residence: Abruzzi Country: Italy Date of Arrival: Apr. 9, 1891 Final Destination: New York Purpose for Travel: Staying in USA, but not a citizen of USA Ship's Name: B...
by ditota
20 Apr 2009, 20:42
Topic: Assistance please
Replies: 28
Views: 20159

Re: Assistance please

The following records are on eight 16mm films which can be rented from the Family History Library (FHL). http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp Check with the Mormon Church near you to see if they have a Family History Center Italy, Mantova, Gonzaga - Civil registration Italy...
by ditota
26 Mar 2009, 20:18
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Newspaper Archive
Replies: 17
Views: 16564

Re: Newspaper Archive

Suanj, thank you for the census image. You are great. It provided me with much information. I can access HeritageQuest from home via my library card but for the 1930 census, and some immigration manifests, I'll have to go to the library to search on Ancestry.com. However, I will wait until the touri...
by ditota
25 Mar 2009, 17:55

Thank you Suanj. Ellis Island.org doesn't have any of the information that you have posted. Yes, the obituary may provide her maiden name and of any children besides Ruth. Thanks again.
by ditota
25 Mar 2009, 15:41

Thanks for the reply Nuccia. Yes that's the terribly smeared 1920 Series T625 Roll 1051 Page 266 which I viewed on Heritage Quest. However the wife's name is Gertrude. One can barely see the tail of the letter "G". For some reason they do not appear in the 1930 census. Could it be that Her...
by ditota
24 Mar 2009, 16:53

Go to www.ssa.gov/foia/html/foia_guide.htm for a copy of her SS-5 application on line paying with a credit card. The ss-5 will have her parents names and other vital data. There is a fee (about $30.=/-). =Peter= Hello Peter, What I am more interested in is her obit. The 1920 census shows one child ...
by ditota
24 Mar 2009, 15:46

Hi All Just sharing some news. According to an email I received, Newspaper Archive www.newspaperarchive.com is offering a 7 day free membership for visitors. I have found this site helpful. You might want to check it out. Happy Searching Debbie Hi Debbie, It looks like the free offer period has exp...
by ditota
21 Apr 2008, 17:20
Topic: 1920 Census - Leone family
Replies: 3
Views: 5407

Re: 1920 Census - Leone family

Thanks Biff. I couldn't get his draft card using Family Search since the indexing isn't complete yet and when I located them on the census the wife's name looked like it began with a "Z". The draft card saved the day! I thought I would have the task of going through all of the known Jewish...
by ditota
21 Apr 2008, 15:36
Topic: 1920 Census - Leone family
Replies: 3
Views: 5407

1920 Census - Leone family

Looking for information on my Grand Uncle born Domenico Antonio Leone in Campobasso, (CB), Molise, Regno d'Italia on 2 Sep 1887. Emigrated to New York at age 11 and lived in West New York, Hudson County, New Jersey where he was known as Dominick Leone. Married to a Russian Jew, who was a nurse, they...
by ditota
07 Apr 2008, 17:13
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Census Records for Libero and Pasquale Gianfagna
Replies: 26
Views: 32156

Re: Census Records for Libero and Pasquale Gianfagna

vj - Nice image of death report however the DOB is in error. Crescenzo was born in Campobasso, CB, Molise, Regno d' Italia on 30 May 1878, not 1879. Source: Campobasso (Campobasso), Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910 (Salt Lake City : Filmed by the Genealogical Societ...
by ditota
13 Aug 2006, 21:15
Topic: Colombo/Tinto/DeVito Families-New Rochelle, New York
Replies: 95
Views: 74522

Re: Colombo/Tinto/DeVito Families-New Rochelle, New York

<Italian women did not keep their maiden names once in America, they adopted the custom of their new home and took their husbands surname. Only in Italy do they retain their maiden names. wldspirit> wldspirit, What you say is true but, as with just about everything, there are exceptions to the rule....
by ditota
13 Aug 2006, 20:08
Topic: Colombo/Tinto/DeVito Families-New Rochelle, New York
Replies: 95
Views: 74522

Re: Colombo/Tinto/DeVito Families-New Rochelle, New York

If I may jump in here and hopefully add something, the manifest number is 81488. Passenger's Name: Triuchitilla, Michele Age: 33 Gender: Male Occupation: Laborer Literate: Unknown Village/Last Residence: Unknown Country: Italy Date of Arrival: Jan. 14, 1890 Final Destination: New York Purpose for Tr...
by ditota
10 Aug 2006, 07:14
Topic: Josephus Rabor (Giuseepe), Ales. Alessandro Martini
Replies: 7
Views: 6305

Re: Josephus Rabor (Giuseepe), Ales. Alessandro Martini

Sorry Maria. I missed the original thread. That's a nice clear image from Nuccia.