Search found 3851 matches

by nuccia
09 Aug 2019, 09:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati outage
Replies: 5
Views: 1689

Re: Antenati outage

I just checked and the site seems to be working fine right now. Perhaps they were updating it?
by nuccia
09 Aug 2019, 09:22
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: There is a member here....
Replies: 12
Views: 3930

Re: There is a member here....

He has been banned. Hopefully he will not register under another alias but if he does please let me know immediately and I will do what I can to remove him.
by nuccia
27 Jun 2018, 14:08
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Symbolism or fashion?
Replies: 6
Views: 5914

Re: Symbolism or fashion?

You're welcome!
by nuccia
24 Jun 2018, 18:02
Topic: Symbolism or fashion?
Views: 5914

Re: Symbolism or fashion?

I would think it refers to his confirmation since red is the color generally representing that sacrament but I am not sure.
by nuccia
28 Nov 2017, 16:09
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: "G-grandpas Birth Certificate destroyed in fire
Views: 2640

Re: "G-grandpas Birth Certificate destroyed in fire

While you're free to choose where you would like to post I would think with all the members here someone should be able to answer you're question! 🤔😒
by nuccia
20 Dec 2015, 03:56
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: STATE ARCHIVES FOR REGGIO CALABRIA
Replies: 9
Views: 13199

Re: STATE ARCHIVES FOR REGGIO CALABRIA

Reggio is VERY good for issuing records if they are available and if provided with correct info. I am in contact with them quite often. Remember to write your request in Italian and provide as much details as possible. Do not request too many records at one time or you more than likely won't receive...
by nuccia
05 Mar 2015, 09:00
Topic: Calabresa, Italy
Replies: 9
Views: 9788

Re: Calabresa, Italy

Minnie could be Domenica.
by nuccia
05 Mar 2015, 08:58
Topic: Romeo family- Reggio Calabria
Replies: 2
Views: 2282

Re: Romeo family- Reggio Calabria

Romeo is a very common surname in several towns in the province of Reggio Calabria so there is a good possibly a relative still exists there. You may want to try the Italian White Pages or Pagine Bianche http://www.paginebianche.it/cerca-da-numero for help
by nuccia
21 Oct 2014, 21:04
Topic: Feudalism in Southern Italy
Views: 13099

Re: Feudalism in Southern Italy

I'm sorry about the deleted post - there seems to be a glitch in the system. I'm currently looking into this.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
by nuccia
16 Jun 2014, 10:06
Topic: RE: Inappriopriate Comments/Conduct
Views: 6895

Re: RE: Inappriopriate Comments/Conduct

I have removed several posts this weekend about this same topic. Unfortunately spammers sometimes register on several names faster then we can delete them Please PM me the links.
by nuccia
06 Jun 2014, 23:35
Topic: RE: Inappriopriate Comments/Conduct
Views: 6895

Re: RE: Inappriopriate Comments/Conduct

Donna could you give us the link to those posts? There are so many topics/threads it's not always easy to spot. Also, for future reference, you can mark any posts you feel are inappropriate or offensive by 'reporting' them and they will flag us immediately. These helps since we can not always access...
by nuccia
18 Mar 2014, 16:40
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Baselice vital records documented from 1809-1860
Replies: 3
Views: 2183

Re: Baselice vital records documented from 1809-1860

Amazing resource! Thank you. I would be happy to link it to my websites if you're okay with that. Send me a PM with the exact links you would like me to use (or are they the same as on your blog) and I will add them in!
by nuccia
18 Mar 2014, 16:35
Topic: My deceased mother's birth certificate.
Replies: 1
Views: 1999

Re: My deceased mother's birth certificate.

I could be wrong but if she has been deceased for a certain period and you can prove relationship and are able to provide a valid reason for the request you *should* be able to get a copy. I would be making some phone calls - perhaps the Embassy might be able to help as well.

Good luck!
by nuccia
18 Mar 2014, 16:24
Topic: Family Crest
Views: 4063

Re: Family Crest

I think next to how can I find out if we were related to royalty this is the second most common question we get asked. There is a lot of false info out there so beware. Family crests or Coats of Arms as they were officially known were often granted to individual persons - not families or surnames as...
by nuccia
18 Mar 2014, 15:42
Topic: nameing children pattern
Replies: 3
Views: 1741

Re: nameing children pattern

Sometimes you need to request the actual birth record from the Comune to see if any notations have been made. Many times it does not show on the microfilmed copies since they were filmed at the archives and those copies may have been sent prior to the notations being made. Then again I have heard of...