Search found 48 matches

by KSRattazzi
17 Jul 2015, 20:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giuseppe Bartoli, New York contractor
Replies: 20
Views: 6991

Re: Giuseppe Bartoli, New York contractor

I have stumbled across this thread as an accident of sorts. I have hit a roadblock on my Rattazzi lineage. I believe your Pietro Rattazzi listed here is my great-great-uncle. He and Carlo Rattazzi migrated from a little town called Baveno. They were stone cutters and carved beautiful monuments. I wo...
by KSRattazzi
15 Oct 2012, 15:55
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Requesting Marriage Certificate from Baveno
Replies: 3
Views: 1587

Re: Requesting Marriage Certificate from Baveno

Marty, yes I have but it's been years. I likely was only focusing on the last name RATTAZZI and never Migliarina so anything of the sort of unfortunately ignored. I probably need to revisit that document. Tessa, I have the birth record but it does not reveal the birth places of her parents. I was go...
by KSRattazzi
14 Sep 2012, 04:15
Topic: Antoinette Famiglio(a)??? "Family"???...What is going on?
Replies: 33
Views: 10108

Re: Antoinette Famiglio(a)??? "Family"???...What is going on

I think yours to finD someone well versed in genealogy in both places (nawlins' and Indiana) to find out the legal marriage age.
by KSRattazzi
13 Sep 2012, 19:18
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Requesting Marriage Certificate from Baveno
Views: 1587

Requesting Marriage Certificate from Baveno

I have used this letter, with repeated success, to Baveno. I had to make an alternation to it, however, in that I do not know when/where exactly Battista Migliarina is born. I'm also not even certain that they were married in Baveno but their daughter was born there in 1873 (I guess I could write th...
by KSRattazzi
13 Sep 2012, 15:31
Topic: Murder circumstances
Replies: 5
Views: 1639

Re: Murder circumstances

was this in Italy or in the united states. If it happened in the states, checking on the newspapers on ancestry.com has proved to shed some light on a few family stories such as these in my family.
by KSRattazzi
12 Sep 2012, 22:57
Topic: First name Fiora - Italian?
Views: 3079

Re: First name Fiora - Italian?

How far back do you think the civil documents in Baveno go? I am having luck there, just not sure when my luck will run out.
by KSRattazzi
12 Sep 2012, 17:36
Topic: First name Fiora - Italian?
Views: 3079

First name Fiora - Italian?

Is this a common first name? When I looked up the origin, what I read says this is a Gaelic name. I find it extremely odd that my ancestor (born approximately 1850) would have a Gaelic first name in Italy.
by KSRattazzi
12 Sep 2012, 06:22
Topic: Migliarina family in Baveno
Views: 997

Re: Migliarina family in Baveno

That's what I was thinking... The dates match up though. Isabella and my great-grandfather were married almost a year before my grandfather was born. The only other possibility, I suppose, is that Isabella died while Carlo (her husband) came to the states and her sister assumed matriarchal duties of...
by KSRattazzi
12 Sep 2012, 06:00
Topic: Migliarina family in Baveno
Views: 997

Migliarina family in Baveno

Got a great surprise yesterday... My long awaited birth certificate from Baveno for my great-grandmother, Maria Isabella Migliarina. She was born in Baveno in 1873 to Battiste Migliarina and Fiora Ferrario. I have two questions... In the states, her name was Elisa. Is Elisa a nickname for Isabella? ...
by KSRattazzi
07 Aug 2012, 12:35
Topic: Carlo Luigi Felice Rattazzi in Oleggio Castello, Novara
Replies: 17
Views: 3451

Re: Carlo Luigi Felice Rattazzi in Oleggio Castello, Novara

A lot more time has passed between this request and my previous requests. Is it possible the originals do not exist?
by KSRattazzi
26 Jul 2012, 16:38

Ann, to be clear, it was these two lines you thought I should do without?

"Nome e cognome del padre:incerto
Nome e cognome della madre:incerto"

Thanks.
by KSRattazzi
26 Jul 2012, 13:47

Thanks, Ann! I will do as directed. I am anxiously awaiting the paperwork from Baveno on Maria Isabella Migliarina also... I'm hoping they looked past my poor phrasing and send me what I want. They have been super-great so far, but a little slower. They have sent my grandfather's birth certificate (...
by KSRattazzi
26 Jul 2012, 05:48

Holy mackerel!!! Thanks, Marty!!!!!! I will be sure to send some $ via western union this time too. ;-)
by KSRattazzi
25 Jul 2012, 20:33

Mi chiamo Jamie, ed abito negli Stati Uniti all’indirizzo sopradetto. Cerco informazioni sul mi bisnonno, Carlo RATTAZZI. Nato nel commune di Oleggio Castello. Cerco questi dati per conoscere meglio la mia famiglia, e per trovare i miel parenti rimasti in Italia. Vi sarei molto grato se poteste sped...