Search found 35 matches

by Marianne316
06 Oct 2008, 14:08
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: long lost great-great uncle
Replies: 13
Views: 8819

Re: long lost great-great uncle

thanks - registered through Internet Explorer - no hit on the relative though - it states the bank is up to 1920 - maybe he went after that year? I checked under Brazil just to be certain - no hit there either - the surname has 0 hits for both countries. I knew it was probably going to be a dead-end...
by Marianne316
06 Oct 2008, 13:40

thanks - I wasn't being directed to register before even though you mentioned I would...now I went to this REGISTER link but it states over and over again that the "connection is timed out" - I will try again later.
by Marianne316
06 Oct 2008, 05:04

WLDSPRT - the site to which you referred me looks like it is active but I cannot click on any links - nothing happens - I saw somewhere on the site that it was last update in 2007 - can you confirm that this is an active site and if it is any advice on how to access those links?

Thanks
by Marianne316
02 Oct 2008, 19:51

long lost great-great uncle

I had a great-great uncle named Vito Maioriello who was originally from Campagna. I was told that he was in the Italian Calvary and then emigrated to Argentina and never had any contact with the family again, some of whom stayed in Campagna and some of whom settled in Philadelphia. His father's name...
by Marianne316
24 Sep 2008, 16:45
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: deciphering maiden name on birth certificate
Replies: 9
Views: 12415

Re: deciphering maiden name on birth certificate

I know these same parents had 3 other children: Giuseppe - born April 2nd (yr?) Assunta - born Nov. 18th, 1889 stillborn child @ 1893 - Giovanna died from childbirth complications with this baby To be certain I guess I will have to see the other birth certificates and see if the name is more legible...
by Marianne316
24 Sep 2008, 12:38

wow - thanks, guys! That is quite different from Busilli as originally thought.
by Marianne316
24 Sep 2008, 01:59

okay - I am going to try again to attach this - I hope it works...
by Marianne316
24 Sep 2008, 01:43

deciphering maiden name on birth certificate

hi- I haven't been on site for a while. Was wondering if someone could give me their best attempt at a maiden name that I cannot read. The document is my great-grandmother's birth certificate. I just got a copy of it last year from a cousin. I am not sure if this is a copy of his copy or if he posse...
by Marianne316
23 Mar 2007, 18:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Photo Scanner
Replies: 4
Views: 3992

Re: Photo Scanner

I have been scanning for years now - I burned out one HP scanner and am 2 years into my 2nd one - one of the best investments I have made besides my Family Tree Maker software - both have been invaluable. Once you start making contact with "away team" members then you get them to email you...
by Marianne316
05 Mar 2007, 16:31
Topic: Living Relatives
Views: 3996

Re: Living Relatives

I did the form letters last year to Calabria for a few different family branches and am still getting replies from them - it was worthwhile to search this way - Good luck!
by Marianne316
04 Mar 2007, 23:06
Topic: any success stories??
Views: 3879

Re: any success stories??

thanks for the reply - I am going to find the letter and re-read it. If it says what I originally thought it did I will try to post here for more insight....but what you said is what I originally thought - I am of that bloodline so why wdn't it apply to me, too.
by Marianne316
03 Mar 2007, 18:12
Topic: any success stories??
Views: 3879

Re: any success stories??

I also looked into this - my grandfather was born to my great-granfather before he was naturalized so my grandfather technically was an American and an Italian citizen since he was born to an Italian citizen. I sent a letter to the consulate back in the '90s requesting info for this dual citizenship...
by Marianne316
26 Feb 2007, 18:48
Topic: Found a picture of ggrandmother in her casket, was this norm
Views: 6929

Re: Found a picture of ggrandmother in her casket, was this

in my family there are a few pics like that - there are pics of my paternal grandfather in a casket (d. 1963) alone and then some where his brother stood next to him in a posed photo - THAT I think is weird. My grandmother hates that those pics exist but she will not destroy them. We are not allowed...