Search found 185 matches

by Bette
27 Sep 2023, 16:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Seeking relatives of Silvia or Maria Bertoni, originally from Bagnacavallo
Replies: 0
Views: 6013

Seeking relatives of Silvia or Maria Bertoni, originally from Bagnacavallo

Sisters: Silvia Bertoni and Maria Bertoni emigrated from Bagnacavallo, Ravenna, Italy to Buenos Aires, Argentina. Silvia Bertoni, also known as Elisa, born about 1879, was married to Alessandro Randi. Maria Bertoni, (1888 - 1955), was married to Luigi Alessandri. Their parents were Giuseppe Bertoni ...
by Bette
27 Sep 2023, 16:30
Topic: Looking for biological father
Replies: 2
Views: 264

Re: Looking for biological father

The AncestryDNA test will show relatives who have also taken the test. You can contact them through the website.
by Bette
08 Sep 2023, 17:08
Topic: Carmelo Spadaro born 1883; seeking descendants in Argentina
Replies: 21
Views: 12719

Re: Carmelo Spadaro born 1883; seeking descendants in Argentina

Hi Phils,

You could write to me directly. Leave out the spaces: b s a s s o @ rochester.rr.com

Thanks,
Bette
by Bette
19 Sep 2022, 19:21

Suang,

Are there any other years for Buenos Aires Telephone directories? Such as: 1920, 1930, 1940?

Bette
by Bette
19 Sep 2022, 04:50

Thank you so much for the 1950 Telephone listing for Buenos Aires. I see only one Carmelo = Carmelo Spataro. Is that the address after the name? Is there anyway to find the death record of his wife: Zaira Bertoni? Family story says that she died in the 1920's, I do not know when Carmelo Spadaro died...
by Bette
13 Sep 2022, 04:08

Although I am still seeking descendants of Carmelo Spadaro, I am happy to announce that I have further information. I have found his 1911 marriage record among the church records of the Capital Federal, City of Buenos Aires. He married Zaira Bertoni, the daughter of Jose (Giuseppe Bertoni) and Barba...
by Bette
22 Aug 2020, 03:06
Topic: Seeking death record for Giuseppa Iacona, San Cataldo (CL) Sicily
Replies: 12
Views: 2246

Re: Seeking death record for Giuseppa Iacona, San Cataldo (CL) Sicily

If she didn't die in San Cataldo, Caltanissetta, Sicily is there any record of her immigrating to the USA? I could not find one. Her son Salvatore Alessi and his wife settled in W.Wyoming, PA. in 1911. By 1920 they had moved to Rochester, NY.
by Bette
08 Aug 2020, 17:39
Topic: Searching for birth records of my G. Grandfather Angelo Togno
Replies: 8
Views: 1650

Re: Searching for birth records of my G. Grandfather Angelo Togno

P.S. The birth date of Angelo Togna is shown as August 19, 1890, on his birth record #61 for the town of Cesa, Caserta.
by Bette
08 Aug 2020, 17:36

Message to ESmitty...Here is a change to what I originally mentioned above. There apparently were two Angelo Togno buried in Stanhhope Union Cemetery, Morris County, NJ. The headstone in one burial site shows Angelo Togno (1890 - 1966) shown with his wife Anastasia (1894 - 1974). If you are sure his...
by Bette
07 Aug 2020, 20:53

Message to ESmitty...Since you are new at this I wanted to send you another message. It looks as though you have gathered information from a few different sources which does not add up to the same person. You must be very careful not to align yourself with the wrong family. Since there are several A...
by Bette
07 Aug 2020, 08:10

I found a birth record for an Angelo Benedetto Togno, born on July 31, 1890, in Traona, Sondrio, Lombardia. It is Birth Record #14. He is the son of Antonio Togno and of Edvige Amoretti. I found it on the FamilySearch.org web site: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L9W5-X2NY?i=264&...
by Bette
17 Jul 2020, 02:14

Andrea is my cousin and he got the information from me. He just left off the "Aft".
by Bette
16 Jul 2020, 23:30

Tessa78...As shown above, Giuseppa Iacona's husband Cataldo Alessi died in 1890. Giuseppa's daughter Rosaria Alessi died on 19 Sept 1911. On Rosaria's death record, it shows her mother living and her father deceased. One son, Salvatore Alessi and one daughter Anna Alessi were already in the USA by t...
by Bette
16 Jul 2020, 22:34

adelfio...since I do not have an Ancestry membership, I cannot view the tree. Can you tell me who posted it?