Search found 18 matches

by ciacciomuschettofamily
21 May 2006, 22:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: sicilian name spelling changes upon US arrival
Replies: 7
Views: 11460

Re: sicilian name spelling changes upon US arrival

:lol: Thank you for the suggestions. Regarding Muschetto family, I have heard from the Moschetto family. They think that quite possibly Antonio Muschetto is Antonio Moschetto, born 8 Oct 1858 in Piana Die Greci, Palermo Sicily, Son or 4. Giovanni Moschetto and 5. Maria Schiro. He amrried on 30 Nov 1...
17 May 2006, 06:05
Topic: sicilian name spelling changes upon US arrival
Replies: 7
Views: 11460

sicilian name spelling changes upon US arrival

My family name is Muschetto. I see plenty on Muschetto's on Census and Ellis Island records. However, my family came in from Sicily directly to Louisiana. I see lots of Sicilian names on comune websites and wonder if they have been names were change when they arrived, for example, could any of the f...
13 May 2006, 18:04
Topic: looking for family in Sicily
Replies: 38
Views: 36299

Re: looking for family in Sicily

I have tried the Italian Phone book, because I do not read Italian I am stuck at the top of the page. I am not sure if they are asking for my name. They then ask for surname and town which I could fill out. Aby help? :oops:
13 May 2006, 17:49

I have recently been told that my Muschetto Family may be Albanese. How do I get in touch with the Arbresh Society? I been told that the Muschettos and Matranga's married. The Matrangas are from Plana de Crechi, and or Santa Chtistina Gella. Muschetto's may be from Plano de Albania. What do you thin...
12 May 2006, 21:43

I have been told that my Muschetto Family are related to the Matranga family who are Albanese and from Piana de Crechi. Any advice on how to contact Arbresch Society? Muschetto quite possibly could be Albanese, how do I contact Piana de Crechi, Piano de Albania and Santa Chritina Gella to ask if the...
12 May 2006, 21:37

I have just learned the my Muschetto family is related to the Matranga family. The Matranga family are Albanese and believe their commune is Piana de Crechi. I have also learned that my Muschetto family may be Albanese and may have been from Piano de Albania, Santa Christina Gella or Piana de Crechi...
23 Apr 2006, 22:46
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: ship mainfests for....
Replies: 17
Views: 14240

Re: ship mainfests for....

Hi, My member name is ciacciomuschetto family, that has not been changed? Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. Or, should I be looking for Muschetto first, then move on to Ciaccio, inother words do one family name at a time? I have been requested to combine my threads so I am continuing all co...
22 Apr 2006, 22:08

Can the letter be sent in the form of an eamila t the address stated above? Thanks.
22 Apr 2006, 22:04

Thank you so much!!
22 Apr 2006, 21:13

Hi, How do I get the birth certificates? To all of you above, thank you for the information you have provided. I do have a membership to Ancestry. Don't always know the most efficient way to use program. Any suggestions on how to get more information based on the information above, I would appreciat...
22 Apr 2006, 21:06

Thank you . Did you write to Petalia or do I. Thanks so much for your help. Once I hear from you, if I need to write I will. Thanks
22 Apr 2006, 20:51

Re: ship mainfests for....

Nucca, I believe the Death Index contains very useful information. Tony Muschetto, near the bottom of this list, I am sure is my grandfather. I have her name as Rose Ronno. I have not done a census search on her name. Thanks for your help... Suanj, which thread would you recommend that I combine to?...
02 Apr 2006, 23:36

ship mainfests for....

Tony and Rosie Muschetto 1889, Italy to Louisiana

Luca and Mary Ciaccio 1885, Italy to Lousiana

Thanks! :D
02 Apr 2006, 23:31

Information on Muschetto Draft card and Ranno Family and Tony and Rosie Muschettp provided by vj seem correct from what I have. What's my next step? Thanks!!
02 Apr 2006, 23:13

The date of immigration for Luca and Mary Ciaccio is 1885. At the time of 1920 cencus Luca was 69 and Mary was 64, both were considered aliens as of the 1920 census. Both answered no to question able to read or write. Both state Italy for the following Place of Birth, and, Mother tongue for mother a...