Search found 11 matches

by lovedr78
01 Jun 2006, 02:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI
Replies: 52
Views: 38105

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Hey, Thanks for writing me back. I sent you a message via hotmail, ancestory. Let me know if you don't get it. But the short of it was that I think the Filippo Rinella (wife Mary Amedo, daughter Tena, sons Anthony J., James Paul, and August) who was a friut vendor in Chicago IL, was my great grandfa...
by lovedr78
26 May 2006, 09:45
Topic: Rinella from Caccamo, Palermo, Sicily
Replies: 17
Views: 17978

Re: Rinella from Caccamo, Palermo, Sicily

Suanj, I've been checking the Barones and have found some of the children. I did a little digging and I think the name of the Cousin in Murphysboro on the manifest that lists Salvatore and Nunzio is Geo Prinzie. I found him and his borther Sam and a two other Prinzies, (not sure if they are related ...
by lovedr78
25 May 2006, 09:04

I have Giuseppe's death cert. It lists Antonio Rinella as his father and
Catherine Barone as his mother. Okay so now what do I do?

Matt
by lovedr78
24 May 2006, 14:11
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: A few Surnames I can't find meanings for
Replies: 19
Views: 40989

A few Surnames I can't find meanings for

Have a couple of last names I can't seem to find out what they mean, any help would be great.

Cutrara :

LoSarano:

LaRosa:

Thanks
Matt :P
by lovedr78
24 May 2006, 11:50

Cool, NUCCIA: First off, thank you, yeah that helps a lot. That's definatly the same Phillip, all the children match the records I have for him, except some new stuff like his birth dates and such. Only problem is the Giuseppe born in 1869. How common is it to have two children with the same name? U...
by lovedr78
24 May 2006, 04:12

Rinella from Caccamo, Palermo, Sicily

I posted on here before and got quite a bit of help, now I need some more. I have a reunion in two weeks and am trying to trace the family patiarch before then. Here's what I know: Gusieppe Rinella: Born - 18 March 1889 in Caccamo, Palermo, Sicily, Italy Died - 14 August 1961 in Marion, Williamson, ...
by lovedr78
09 Apr 2006, 10:47
Topic: Tracing my ancestors from Sicily
Replies: 11
Views: 8901

Re: Tracing my ancestors from Sicily

Excellent, I live less than a mile from morris Library, I'm a student at SIUC. I'll check them out. I visited my great aunt Mary Jane today to see what she could remember, all she remembers is that Joe Rinella had another brother that also came over to the US, a sister named Sarah and that his dad d...
by lovedr78
08 Apr 2006, 10:53

I found Joseph Rinella lived in Marion, IL (in the house the family still lives in) by 1920. I know he lived there till he died.
by lovedr78
08 Apr 2006, 10:39

Will do, I have some records (census) on his brother, whom I found in the ellis island link you provided. Vincenzo is the name of the brother, though here he went by Phillip. The dates match his info, but unfortunately none of it brings me any closer to the parents names. I'll keep checking records ...
by lovedr78
08 Apr 2006, 09:33

The immigration year was listed as 1905 for Joseph (who would have been 13 at the time) and 1896 for his brother Phillip (naturalized in 1905). According to his WWI Draft Registration he did live in Murphysboro when he worked for the coal mines. I seached immigration records and ship manifests and f...
by lovedr78
08 Apr 2006, 06:08

Tracing my ancestors from Sicily

I'm looking for ancestors of Joseph Rinella (don't know if his name was Guiseppe or not) I have his 1930 U.S. Census and his WWI registration card. I know he was born on 18 Mar 1889 in Caccamo, Sicily. I know he immigrated with his brother Phillip in 1905 and that he died in Illinois in 1961. Family...