Search found 5 matches

by Gialimina
12 May 2006, 00:32
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Jure Sanguinis - Not Fair.
Replies: 2
Views: 3174

Re: Jure Sanguinis - Not Fair.

I can certainly understand what you mean! I am going through my grandfather and qualify by way of jure sanguinis. However, my uncle, who is my grandfather`s son and my father`s brother, does not qualify! that is absurd, and he has claim to being 1st generation, and both parents Italian!. He doesn`t ...
by Gialimina
12 May 2006, 00:20
Topic: Chicago Consulate delays?
Replies: 10
Views: 6644

Re: Chicago Consulate delays?

It is just frustrating. when i was told 6 months in May 2004, i thought Great!. Then, nothing happened, and I called December 2004, and was told it would take just a "bit" longer since they had more applications. Then, I tryed the consulate again in February 2005, thinking I will give them...
by Gialimina
11 May 2006, 22:52

mler, excuse me, but i asked you to confirm what you meant by "holding pattern". a holding pattern infers that the citizenship process is "on hold", and at a standstill. but, you said maybe moving more slowly, which is totally different. I understand the concept of taking more ti...
by Gialimina
11 May 2006, 16:52

Mler, thank you for the reply. What do you mean by "holding pattern"? for what reason? for how long? are other consulates in a holding pattern?

Could you answer these questions please?
by Gialimina
11 May 2006, 08:44

Chicago Consulate delays?

First, let me say I am new here, and just found this website, which i believe is very nice. I spoke with the Chicago Consulate today (May 10), with a woman in the Stato Civile office. I asked her when the citizenship applications would resume being processed. She told me that the Consular will be bu...