Search found 28 matches

by Dalogi
11 Jul 2006, 15:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Picozzi family ancestry
Replies: 90
Views: 62529

Re: Picozzi family ancestry

Hello Michael, Thanks for all the information. It's great! It's good to be in contact with someone who is researching the same name. I've tried emailing the Vairano anagrafe's office, but haven't heard anything yet, so I may write to them by letter. I'm not from Rhode Island, but London, England, so...
by Dalogi
11 Jul 2006, 02:08

Thanks for the replies, suanj and jcsm. Carlo and Emma were married in London, and not Italy. The only information I have about Vairano Patenora is from the Familysearch.org website, which lists a man named Giuseppe Picozzi (same name as Carlo's dad) originating from that town. I don't know if this ...
by Dalogi
08 Jul 2006, 23:35

Forget to link LDS page on last email:

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... rompage=99
by Dalogi
08 Jul 2006, 23:27

Hello again everyone, I've had a bit of a breakthrough today. The marriage certificate of Carlo and Emma Picozzi came through the post today and there is a bit more information to go on. First off, it states Carlo's father as Giuseppe Picozzi who is stated as a 'farmer'. After searching for him at '...
by Dalogi
25 Jun 2006, 23:50

Hi again, Sorry to bring this up again in this post, but I don't know if I asked my question properly. Does anyone know what part of Italy ice-cream makers came from in the emmigration to England in the mid 1860's? I think this may be the profession my ancestor acquired whilst in Italy, but on comin...
by Dalogi
24 Jun 2006, 23:38

Hello, I have only requested Carlo and Emma's marriage certificate to start with, because this is the only one that would mention any information about Carlo's parents, according to the information given by the General Registry Office. I will get extra records as I go along, to try and find out more...
by Dalogi
24 Jun 2006, 20:03

Hi Everyone, Just a quickie. My dad's just mentioned that Kate Picozzi used to make a bit of money by making homemade ice-cream. This has got me thinking. Could her dad Carlo (who was a restaurant waiter) have been an ice-cream maker in Italy, like so many Italians who came to England, and Kate lear...
by Dalogi
23 Jun 2006, 20:04

Don't worry about hi-jacking my thread. I'm just glad it's being used to spread a bit of love. :D Anyway, to keep you up-to-date with the Picozzi search, I've sent away for the marriage certificate of Emma and Carlo, because it should state the groom's fathers name and occupation. This should give m...
by Dalogi
21 Jun 2006, 15:24

Hello all, I took a trip down to the Westminster Archives last week, and I must say the amount of information in there is amazing. I went in a lunch break from work, and only had a small amount of time to get to know the microfilm machine. I found Carlo's marriage reference, which I already knew but...
by Dalogi
11 Jun 2006, 18:53

Hiya, I've had a quick look at genesreunited.co.uk. I may have to look further into it if there are a few Picozzi's on there. Although St Annes church is the civil parish, it was the Anglican church of St Mary's-the-Virgin that was the ecclesiastical parish at that time. I'm not sure what Catholic c...
by Dalogi
11 Jun 2006, 01:58

Hello everybody, Hope you are OK. I've had a little bit of a breakthrough today. After looking through the phone book to find people with the Picozzi surname I wrote to them and told them about my research. A lady called Pauline emailed me who says her dad's name was Charles Picozzi and grandad's na...
by Dalogi
30 May 2006, 21:50

Thanks for the reply, suanj. I was thinking there could be a connection, but you're probably right. It was probably just a middle name for the two ladies and not a surname at all. I've got to concentrate on the Picozzi name, but I can't find any more reference to his name in Italy. I'll keep looking...
by Dalogi
30 May 2006, 15:42

Hi Marisa, Nice to hear from you again. I've had a look at that website, and it seems Albertella comes mainly from the North of Italy whereas Piombini is very uncommon and dotted around the North also. Not much to go on with those names really. I remember my grandad mentioning Naples when talking ab...
by Dalogi
29 May 2006, 19:13

According to FreeBMD the names are Hector Piombini and Alessandro Albertella. Just thought I'd let you all know. They are a lot younger than Carlo but could have been friends of family back in Italy, or it's probably just coincidence that other Italians are living in the same housing block as them. ...
by Dalogi
29 May 2006, 19:03

Hi Marisa. Good to hear from you. I think you're right. I looked on FreeBMD and it's definitely Hector Piombini, but I'm not sure of Alessandro's surname.

What do you suggest I do to find out if there are any towns in Italy where the Piombini and Picozzi families lived together?

David